DuckTales

Treasure of the Golden Suns

Aired Weekdays 4:00 PM Sep 18, 1987 on

• The start of the Ducktales Legend

I'll admit this is not just one of the best episode pilots but also one of the best episodes arcs I've ever seen. It just all flows smoothly it's obviously the plot to search for the Mysterious City of Gold was the maguffin of the episode arc. It was all really a way to introdouce all of us to the characters of the whole series and each of them don't disapoint due to the range of emotion they all express which made us supprising care which isn't a common thing in an animated cartoon at the time. I'll never forget the first time I saw three character favorates. From Gyro Gearlose obvious the Q of the bunch, I remember I wanted to be a little like him due to the fact he was able to always make lots of creative inventions that always amazingly worked as long as there isn't a complecation or isn't misused, hey his last name isn't Gearlose for nothing.

Launch Pad whom was always a pea brained Errol Flynn like character. He at times made me laugh due to the fact he was dangerously unqualified, he a great pilot but always a terrible lander since he crashes each and every flying machine known to man. It's no wonder sometimes Scrooge gets a lot of grief from him not just is his life at stake every time he's a passanger but the insurance rates skyrocket.

And last but not least Scrooge McDuck whom at first when we meet him we think he might be bitter, greedy, antisocial, and worse have no love for the boys. But of course when we see him in action he turns out to be actaully a really great guy. We see he was really just nervious because he's never really been a family man before and didn't know how to parient the three boys, but most of all due to his career and his role he just never really had the time to open up with anyone even though deep down he probably needs it. And is really is quite an extrotinary man as his reputation makes him out to be but not so much the fact he has the most wealth but how he accuired it which is his role as an adventurer kinda similar toward those pulp heros like "Doc Savage" and "Buckaroo Banzai". The three boys truely see this potental and the more involved they get into his adventures the more both Scrooge and the boys develop a warm relationship.

Athough the plot itself doesn't disapoint it's rather intriging and engaging due to the fact it has sort of that old serial cliffhanger format, I always wanted to know more. And of course the final episode in the arc doesn't disapoint it was some of the finnest animation and cinamatography ever there are many finner moments like this this is one of them. Seeing that mysterious city was breathtaking I couldn't help but want to know more about it. But it was the final minutes which were a real thrill and you just can't afford nor have time to take a breath from how danger just continuously builds up which litterally goes with the old saying, Out of the frying pan, into the fire. my favorate moment of coruse was seeing the destruction of the temple and during the destruction Scrooge fights the evil immortal El Capitain who really was a sinsiter villian. During the fight the floor collapse underneth them and of coruse both have to run to the safe zone. I'll admit it was one of the best edge of your seat moments. And of course the arc does have a good moral lession how greed really brings people nothing. So it was a great start for the Ducktales Legend.