Dude, What Would Happen Forums

Wednesday 8:30 PM on Cartoon NetworkIn Season

Dude What Would Happen...If you actually DIDN'T WASTE ALL THAT FOOD?!?!?

angelkbaby

[1]Sep 4, 2009
    • level: 1
    My child had recently graduated from PBS kids to cartoon network, and as a concerned parent, I always preview the shows he wants to watch before I allow him to watch them. I recently watched a few episodes of "Dude What Would Happen.." and needless to say, my son will NEVER be allowed to watch that show. I will also urge all of my sons friends parents to boycott the show as well, merely on principal. Not for the fact that it is a show of teenage boys doing STUPID teenage prankish things...but the amount of food that they waste in the attempt to achieve their goal of "popping the worlds biggest zit" or other stupid pranks saddens me. I have watched them waste gallons of pudding, salad dressing, hundreds of tomatoes and other foods that could have fed hundreds of hungry people for WEEKS and it just makes me sick. The fact that the producers of this show would even think of using food to pull off their pranks, in a day in time when people are losing their homes left and right, layoffs are on the rise and children are going to bed hungry every night sickens me. Instead of "Dude, What would happen..." if we filled this watermelon with chocolate pudding and dropped it off of a 5 story building...."Dude, what would happen..." If we took this watermelon, this pudding, these pizza's, these tomatoes and these rest of this food to a homeless shelter and fed the hungry people??? Until they try that trick, my son will NOT watch this, or any other cartoon network show. Put that in your hat CARTOON NETWORK!!!!!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

reicee

[4]Sep 6, 2009
    How come if teenagers with adult supervision and dollars behind them doing a show about natural teenage questions is a waste of food? But if it's a game show for adults to compete against each other with cut throat methods for a chance to win $25,000 or more it's a Great family fun game show? Don't be a prude, Mom. What teenager do you personally know of that's sitting around wondering how to improve on Newton's theory??? I'd rather my pre-teen boys watch this show (with me & Dad)where the results of prank-like what-if's are displayed under safety crew and adult supervision than to go to my local precinct to bail my kid out of jail because he and his unsupervised friends (by the way his friends parents are working til wee hours of the night to give Johnny EVERYTHING he wants except time) have experimented on the neighbors cat! Kids have questions about silly things. When they are grown, they will have the REST of their adult life to be SERIOUS and deal with SERIOUS SUBJECT MATTER. Relax and watch it with your kids and then TALK to them about leaving the what if's to TV. Then share a LAUGH with them. I'm just saying...

Zamxus

[6]Sep 12, 2009
    • level: 22
    omega_dog wrote:
    Zamxus wrote:

Number 1: If they're pranks, then don't let your kid watch Mythbusters either.

Number 2: All that food they're "wasting" is food that is their business to worry about.

Number 3: Don't critcize an awesome show just because they actually BUY MATERIAL.

Number 4: 2 words: Lighten Up. Just because a kid watches a show that "wastes food" (according to you) doesn't mean the kid will wanna throw out all of the food in your f**kin' fridge. What are you 40? And you're criticizing a show made for 14-year-olds?

Number 5: Preventing your kid from watching a whole NETWORK because of one show....That's just cruel. If you want your kid to have watched some healthy cartoons that don't "waste" anything, he should've been born BEFORE 2006.

Don't even try to compare mythbusters to this show

And why not? They're the same. They take stupidly funny questions, and build experiments around them. Proving if it CAN be done or Not. Thing is this show does it with much more fun.

Zamxus

[7]Sep 14, 2009
    • level: 22
    Oh yeah. And back on the subject of "wasting food". Go give out your own food why don't you?

omega_dog

[8]Sep 21, 2009
    • level: 8
    Myth busters is about finding out if a myth is true or not this show is about what would happen if you did something therefore they are not the same.

CardnialFin

[10]Jan 1, 2010
    • level: 4
    angelkbaby, hello the name of the show is Dude, What would happen? so they test out what would happen if they can pop the worlds biggest zits. you should know that cn has a lot of inappropriate things that your child probably wants to watch but you are too cautious so if you wont allow him to watch the dudes you might as well not let him/her watch anything on cartoon network.

TomMcCoy

[11]Apr 2, 2010
    non sequitur

karategurl96

[12]May 16, 2010
    • level: 2

I think the problem with this show is the danger involved in many of the stunts. I mean, I just saw a commercial this afternoon where they're being lifted up by cranes in an attempt to be 'human video games'. >_>; Somebody with very poor judgement is going to try one of their idiotic stunts on their own and get seriously hurt, is my fear. "Dude, what would happen if we got sued for all our money and they took away our show?" Not only that, but Dude What Would Happen is practically the same thing as Mythbusters. However, the people on Mythbusters seem to know what they're doing! xD As for the food being 'wasted'? Well, I don't think that's the issue at all. Yes, there are people starving. But the people who created this show bought the food and thus have the right to do whatever they want. And like someone already pointed out, I don't think seeing this show would influence ANY child or teen to go and pour pudding off a building or something. :/ Give our generation more credit: the majority of us aren't that stupid.

Southparkfa

[13]Jul 21, 2010
    • level: 18

karategurl96 wrote:

I think the problem with this show is the danger involved in many of the stunts. I mean, I just saw a commercial this afternoon where they're being lifted up by cranes in an attempt to be 'human video games'. >_>; Somebody with very poor judgement is going to try one of their idiotic stunts on their own and get seriously hurt, is my fear. "Dude, what would happen if we got sued for all our money and they took away our show?" Not only that, but Dude What Would Happen is practically the same thing as Mythbusters. However, the people on Mythbusters seem to know what they're doing! xD As for the food being 'wasted'? Well, I don't think that's the issue at all. Yes, there are people starving. But the people who created this show bought the food and thus have the right to do whatever they want. And like someone already pointed out, I don't think seeing this show would influence ANY child or teen to go and pour pudding off a building or something. :/ Give our generation more credit: the majority of us aren't that stupid.

I think the problem with this show is that it's just bad

MadeNKorea

[15]Mar 30, 2011

this show is a waste sometimes.

terr4g

[16]May 29, 2011

YOU SOUND WAY TOO OLD AND LAME TO BE HAVING KIDS. WHOEVER SAID IF YOU WANT GOOD TV YOUR CHILD WOULD HAVE TO BE BORN PRE-2006 I AGREE EXCEPT ID EVEN SAY PRE-2000. YOU SOUND LIKE A HORRIBLE PARENT AND ITS LIKELY THAT YOUR CHILD WILL DEVELOP SOME SOCIAL ISSUES OR BE PICKED ON BECAUSE OF YOUR OVER PROTECTION. I CAN REMEMBER KIDS LIKE YOURS FROM SCHOOL- CANT YOU? LET YOUR CHILD EXPLORE THEY FIND THEIR OWN WAY. MINE IS SMARTER THAN YOURS BECAUSE YOU WITHHOLD INFORMATION & IDEAS. PS: I CANT STAND THIS **** SHOW AND I ONLY WANTED TO SAY PLEASE STOP CALLING CHAIRS POWERED BY WATER OR FANS "TURBO BOOST" BECAUSE IT IS IN FACT NOT A TURBO BOOST. I DONT WANT MY KID HAVING THE WRONG IDEA ABOUT WHAT A TURBO IS WHEN THEY ARE ACTUALLY WIDELY USED. PSS: THE KIDS ON THIS SHOW ARE COMPLETE TOOLS. PSSS: BUT NOT AS MUCH OF A TOOL AS YOU.