Due South (1997) Forums

CTV (ended 1999)

Dewey... annoying?

Rachel981

[1]Mar 16, 2006
    • level: 13
    I don't know what it is but I really hate the character of Tom Dewey. He's just sooo... annoying. Does anyone here like him? Why?

On second thoughts perhaps I should be asking if there is anyone out there at all.

Hello?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

derteq

[2]May 11, 2006
    • level: 2

I think the problem is that most people will expect to be able to talk about Due South as a whole series as opposed to this rather strange splitting of the show into two sections.

As for Dewey, I don't really have an opinion on him. He, Huey and Louis never made much of an impression on me. They always just seemed to be there

Edited on 05/11/2006 10:47pm

Rachel981

[3]May 13, 2006

Ye. It is weird having Due South split into two. I just thought this forum was looking bare... so I added some topics. Only no-one seemed to be interested. I know most of the time Huey, Louis and Dewey were like background noise but even background noise can make an impression. Thing is, although I found Dewey annoying at first, I kinda thought he was okay at times towards the end.

-----

Dewey: What do you call a fish with no eyes? ... fsh!

Edited on 05/13/2006 3:58pm

derteq

[4]May 18, 2006

The two things that stand out for me with those three is Louis' exit in the second season which was completely unexpected.

And what happens to Dewey and Huey at the end of series three where it's revealed they open their own comedy club to limited success. I quite like that bit.

I do like jokes like 'fsh'. I think my personal favourite is 'what do you call a deer with no eyes?'

meleeunbeatable

[5]May 21, 2006
    • level: 46
    Yeah they were basically just background characters and at times had a good line or two.
    Edited on 05/21/2006 11:26am

Rachel981

[6]May 25, 2006
    derteq wrote:

I do like jokes like 'fsh'. I think my personal favourite is 'what do you call a deer with no eyes?'

No Idea! [No eye deer]! Lol!

Ummm... ye anyway... I think I may have got a bit carried away. Thing is I'm watching CSI at the moment and I recognised two of the main guest stars straight off. One was David Marciano and the other was that cute guy from Greys Anatomy so I'm kinda bouncing... mostly coz for the first time ever I've seen David Marciano in something other than Due South.

emma5000

[7]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 33
    derteq wrote:
    I do like jokes like 'fsh'. '

you actually did understand it (well, i'm not a native speaker so maybe that explains why i don't have a clue what he is talking about)?

about dewey, he has his nice moments even though he gets quite embarassing when he is carried away by something (like in the speech he was giving when they were figuring out how to go on strike) but i really hated him in "the ladies' man".
    Edited on 09/12/2006 10:47am

meleeunbeatable

[8]Sep 16, 2006
    One thing that was quite funny was when they were trying to make that country song. But they didn't do much in the ladies man.
    Edited on 09/16/2006 9:32am

meleeunbeatable

[9]Sep 16, 2006

He just was a major *** hole..haha.

emma5000

[10]Sep 16, 2006
    among the people behaving like this in this episode (about the whole police station except for ray, fraser and welsh) he was the number one ...

emma5000

[11]Sep 17, 2006
    btw, i've finally gotten the fish-joke ... not a very difficult one but i guess i would have expected grown ups to tell something more sophisticated ...  but this is a cute one ...

hapat

[12]Nov 14, 2006
    • level: 14
    Yeah it was a pretty good joke.

happy-days-4-sr

[13]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 14
    how dya get a pik of fraser on ur picture thing? i dont evn no wat mine is, i jus thought it wer ok. how di u get a due south 1?

obscenemetaphor

[14]Mar 19, 2007
    • level: 3
    I'm not really fond of Dewey either, but I do like Huey. I can't say anything on Louis though, cause I've only seen the episodes with Kowalski.

khaki_dojo

[15]Apr 8, 2007
    • level: 57
    Rachel981 wrote:

Ye. It is weird having Due South split into two.

The reason for the separation is because the shows are maintained at TV.com as originally presented. When the series first aired, there were two distinct series each with two seasons apiece. Even the network, in all their press releases for the PG/CKR eps, stated it was a spinoff. It was only later (and outside of Canada initially) that the two series were presented as one season. This isn't unheard of in Canadian television. It also cropped up with Lonesome Dove: The Series / Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years and Da Vinci's Inquest / Da Vinci's City Hall. Virtually all the same characters, but in both cases two separate series.

derteq

[16]Sep 5, 2007
    khaki_dojo wrote:
    Rachel981 wrote:

Ye. It is weird having Due South split into two.

The reason for the separation is because the shows are maintained at TV.com as originally presented. When the series first aired, there were two distinct series each with two seasons apiece. Even the network, in all their press releases for the PG/CKR eps, stated it was a spinoff. It was only later (and outside of Canada initially) that the two series were presented as one season. This isn't unheard of in Canadian television. It also cropped up with Lonesome Dove: The Series / Lonesome Dove: The Outlaw Years and Da Vinci's Inquest / Da Vinci's City Hall. Virtually all the same characters, but in both cases two separate series.

The myriad Lonesome Dove mini-series and series and the two Da Vinci shows can each be safely identified as the titles of the series were changed to delineate them. If the Kowalski Due South seasons had been called something else (say "Due South Again" or something) then there wouldn't be a problem. However as all seasons are under the "Due South" banner and feature almost entirely the same cast, location and situation then it's only natural to assume that all episodes would be listed in the same place. Especially as the seasons are listed as Three and Four pretty much everywhere.

The press releases may claim it's a spin-off but when was the last time the networks were right about something?