Due South

All the Queen's Horses

Aired Unknown Apr 11, 1996 on CTV

• We actually get to see Royal Canadian MOUNTED Police. Excellent action on a hijacked train with action, adventure, romance, music, terrorists. Really - what more can you ask for?

Mounties! On a Train! Wonderful mix of action/adventure, whimsy,horses(!), Fraser in a clinch with his boss on top of a train, ghosts, Leslie Nielson - what's not to love about this (except not enough Ray V.). Best part - where the mounties wake up and continue singing right where they left off when they were gassed. Oh, yeah, and Paul Gross SINGS. Sheer delight. As I always say in my reviews, after the episode ends, I exclaim to my dogs, "why did they ever take this show off the air?" (they too are speechless about these production decisions). It's everything that's good about tv that you just don't see anymore. Kudos to Paul Gross for the teleplay, story line, fabulous acting, and just plain looking good in a uniform whether he's crawling under a train, locked to his boss via handcuffs or lips, or on a horse.