Due South

Starman

Aired Unknown Feb 22, 1996 on CTV

7.9
  • Overall this episode could be considered mediocre. Amanda Tapping was very good as Audrey.

Overall this episode could be considered mediocre. When dealing with Ian’s lies you never know where the plot is going to lead you. The ending left a lot to be desired. However, I like to follow Ian’s lies and try to piece together what are the truths and what are the lies. As usual Ian tends to go for some very big lies, like his mother is Barbara Streisand, but he also tells the truth in the center of the lies. Ian’s interactions with Ray are great.

Amanda Tapping was very good as Audrey. She had a very small role but in the end when she speaks to Ian about how when you look at a cloud from two different perspectives you can see two different things but it is always a cloud. I was flashing to her role on Stargate: SG-1. The way she gave the explanation reminded me of how her Sam character explains things to the other characters on SG-1. I wonder if the people who cast her on SG-1 saw this episode of Due South and if it played a part in her getting that role?