The Dukes of Hazzard

A Baby for the Dukes

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Sep 30, 1983 on CBS

• Another good episode of The Dukes of Hazzard.

What can I say about "A Baby for the Dukes" episode of "The Dukes of Hazzard"? For one, I must say that it has a lot of action that kept me on the edge of my seat to see what would happen next. Another thing that I liked about the episode was how Boss Hogg actually worked with and well with the Dukes to foil the plans of Mr. Craig so Mary Lou could keep custody of her son.

Another thing that I liked about the episode is how Uncle Jesse and the rest of Hazzard County showed Mr. Craig that just because Hazzard is a small country community, the residents aren't country bumpkins, that they're a tight knit bunch of people who are willing to help out their neighbors, no matter what.

In all, I found this episode to be one really good addition to the show.
  • The Dukes and a baby in Hazzard County...there's going to be trouble!

A mouther is running away from her rich father-in-law's boys who are trying to take away her baby from her. She stops when she sees the General Lee and she puts the baby in there including a note for the Dukes. When the Dukes go to the General they find the baby, who's name is Jaime, and the note that said that the mother would come back as soon as she could. Meanwhile, Boss is giving horses to Enos and Rosco as their patrol vehicles in order to save money. Later on Bo and Luke take off to find Jaime's mother. They get stopped by the two guys working for Jaime's mother's father-in-law. They get shot at but they get away from them, like always. Then Boss comes out to the farm with Jaime's grandpa, who's name is Emerson Craig. Craig explains to the Dukes why he was in Hazzard and why he was after the baby. The Dukes find out that Jaime's mother is Mary Lou Tompkins, a girl who the Dukes knew along with her family. The Dukes won't let Boss, Rosco, and Enos search the farm since they don't have a search warrent. They all leave the farm and the Dukes decide to hide Jaime at the old sawmill where Daisy intended to take care of him. Then Bo and Luke get a lawyer and talk to Uncle Jesse about needing to find a judge. Then Mary Lou calls and they plan to meet so Bo and Luke can take her to see Jaime. But Craig and his boys follow them. The Dukes notice them and they lose them but realize that they can't go to see Jaime and Daisy since it was too dangerous. They go into town and Uncle Jesse and Boss found out where the judge that they wanted is and Bo and Luke take off to get him. On their way back into Hazzard, Uncle Jesse calls over the CB to the fire department saying that there was a fire by the old sawmill area where Jaime and Daisy were. Bo and Luke go into the fire to rescue them while Craig says that if they save his grandson that he'll let him stay with Mary Lou. Bo and Luke rescue Daisy and Jaime and Mary Lou was given custody of Jaime. This was a really good episode. I loved all the action in it.