The Dukes of Hazzard

Cale Yarborough Comes to Hazzard

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Nov 23, 1984 on CBS

• Cale Yarborough returns to Hazzard to visit a young fan in hospital but gets caught up in the usual Hazzard hijinks.

Most of the time Bo and Luke can't help getting caught up in the trouble but then theres the occasional time, like this episode, when they drop themselves right in it and might as well just walk into the jail cell. I realise this episode wouldn't have happened if they hadn't done what they did but it was just stupid. Bo and Luke find Cale stranded at the roadside (he's just had his car stolen), holding two bags of money which was stolen from a bank earlier by the two men who hijacked his car. So what do they do? The three of them get into the criminals car which they left when they stole Cale's car - while Rosco drives up behind them! So not only are they in the car the police are looking for with Rosco right behind them but they have the stolen money too. And I thought Luke was smart.
    This episode also seemed to be on a mission to make Bo out to be a total idiot. I know he's not supposed to be a genius and Luke has always been regarded as the smart cousin but he was never completely stupid. In this ep however, he was making stupid jokes, most of which weren't funny, generally making stupid comments and when the pair were doing their usual sneaking around, he knocked something metal over causing a very loud, attention drawing noise. Were the writers just out to get Bo?
    Other than the stupid way the story started and a few horribly bad jokes from Bo, it wasn't a bad episode (despite what my review suggests). It still had all the elements that makes the Dukes a fun show to watch.