The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Dukes of Hazzard the Beginning

ToshiroM22

[1]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 1
    Is anyone else really excited to check this movie out? I saw some clips http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=thedukesofhazzard and think it looks really fun so far, def way different from the last movie since it's a prequel giving a back story to the original series. The cast is much more similar to the original show as well, just check out april scott as daisy duke. She's a much more appropriate daisy than jessica simpson! 
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mad_Buck

[2]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 79
    My suggestion would be to buy the DVD of the original series and don't waste your time.  But that's just my suggestion.

lae10

[3]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 40
    I'm really excited to see it. ABC Family is premiering it on Sunday, March 4th at 8:00 pm eastern time. I can't wait to see it!

GeneralLeeLuver

[4]Mar 1, 2007
    • level: 7
    i hope it airs a second time a day or so before!

lesmis24601

[5]Mar 3, 2007

It looks intersting but i don't think i'll buy the DVD. I might watch it on TV though. It WON'T be as good as the origanal series but it might be alright.

lae10

[6]Mar 5, 2007
    I watched the movie last night...and it was pretty funny! It wasn't as good as the series, of course, but I'll admit that it was better than the one with Jessica Simpson in it.

lesmis24601

[7]Mar 5, 2007
    I watched it too, and i thought it was almost as good as the seires but not quite. I don't see why most people didn't like the first movie. Both of the movies were fine, they just weren't exactly like the tv show.

SirZeored

[8]Mar 8, 2007
    • level: 17
    lae10 wrote:
    I watched the movie last night...and it was pretty funny! It wasn't as good as the series, of course, but I'll admit that it was better than the one with Jessica Simpson in it.
    Yeah but I HATE that Bo and Luke are sex addicts! It makes me mad! Although the girl who played Daisy

lae10

[9]Mar 9, 2007
    I didn't like that either. Younger kids who like the show might wanna watch the movie but parents won't let them because of what it's rated.

ToshiroM22

[10]Mar 9, 2007
    • level: 1
    SirZeored wrote:
    lae10 wrote:
    Yeah but I HATE that Bo and Luke are sex addicts! It makes me mad! Although the girl who played Daisy

Agreed, april scott is so much hotter than jessica simpson. Have you seen her myspace yet for DOH:TB? http://www.myspace.com/daisymaed I think she's just as attractive as catherine bach. As for not liking it because they're sex addicts I thought that was a really funny spin on things. They had to bring the humor up to this era to make it fresh lol. Def enjoyed it though and I'm a huge fan of the original series. I'm still waiting to get my unrated copy (anyone know what the difference between the unrated and R versions is?

BigDixe

[11]Mar 11, 2007
    • level: 2
    I can't believe some of you liked the new movie, it was a trainwreck, terrible script, actors, director, and it didn't look at all like the town chase scenes were shot in L.A., but besides that great movie

JPPT1974

[12]Mar 13, 2007
    • level: 50
    Made the theatrical movie look like roses as I heard, though haven't seen, the tv movie was nothing but pure trash.