The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Have you ever thought of this?

SirZeored

[1]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 17

Have you ever thought of what would have happened if Bo and Luke never left. How different the episodes would be.

OR if Coy and Vance were there from the start and Bo and Luke came a little later in season 5

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

lae10

[2]Jan 11, 2007
    • level: 40
    I have always wondered about that. I wish Bo and Luke never would've left. If they didn't leave the show would've probably lasted longer than it did.  But I also wonder what it would've been like if Coy and Vance were there from the start. I wonder if the show would've been as good as it is or if it would be the same or if it would've been better. But we'll never know.

SirZeored

[3]Jan 11, 2007

yea thats true

Mad_Buck

[4]Jan 12, 2007
    • level: 79
    If Coy and Vance had been there from the start Dukes would have lasted five episodes maximum.  If Bo and Luke had never left the show would have lasted about the same length as it did.  Shows get stale after seven years.  Even with Bo and Luke's return the show got stale and the scripts got weaker.  Season 7 is almost as bad as the Coy and Vance year IMO. 
    Edited on 01/12/2007 10:32am

SirZeored

[5]Jan 12, 2007
    Mad_Buck wrote:
    If Coy and Vance had been there from the start Dukes would have lasted five episodes maximum.  If Bo and Luke had never left the show would have lasted about the same length as it did.  Shows get stale after seven years.  Even with Bo and Luke's return the show got stale and the scripts got weaker.  Season 7 is almost as bad as the Coy and Vance year IMO. 
    I disagree. I think because the show went down was because of Coy and Vance. The Dukes may have lasted a little longer it Bo and Luke stayed

lae10

[6]Jan 13, 2007
    I tend to think that if Bo and Luke stayed that the show would've lasted longer. It was high in the ratings and a lot of people loved the show but they just didn't like Coy and Vance. I just think the show would've lasted longer if Bo and Luke stayed and I wish they did. I would've liked to see Bo and Luke get into more trouble...lol

SirZeored

[7]Jan 17, 2007

Yeah just like in season 5 when the droped the dinamite thats what happend to the rateings

I wounder what would have happened if Coy and Vance staied after welcome back Bo and Luke. thats 6 Dukes! and a long list of people in the theme 

lae10

[8]Jan 18, 2007
    Yeah, I wonder that too. To be honest, I don't think Coy and Vance were as bad as everyone says they were. They weren't too bad. But I wish they would've stayed longer. It would've been nice to see what would've happened with Bo, Luke, Coy, and Vance along with Daisy and Uncle Jesse. That's a lot of Dukes. Boss probably would've lost his appetite with that many Dukes in Hazzard...lol

daisyduke71

[9]Jan 22, 2007
    • level: 14
    I think that if Bo and Luke had stayed for the whole series it may have lasted longer. Coy and Vance from start I agree would have not lasted more then one season.

dtf955

[10]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 11

Well, Boss Hogg himself ran out of ways to ge tthem in trouble :-)

Seriously, I don't think Coy and Vance were that bad. I don't recall noticing that much of a difference when I was in my early teens that season. I remember more noticing the change toward co-operating more, even after Bo and Luke returned. I liked most of those episodes - the one with the toxic waste I really liked, it had some great family moments about the farm, etc.. I think after a while they can out of ways for the Dukes to get in trouble. Personally, I'm glad it happened that way, because I think it showed a gradual shift in the characters that makes sense.

However, I can see why that might have affected the ratings some. So, I think if Bo and Luke stay the whole time, it might not have lasted that much longer. Maybe another season, but that's iffy. Possibly a half of one.

Question; When did they know about the holdout? (Don't know if that's the right term, but I'm used to thinking in terms of sprots contracts.) Did they have some of the script ideas already in place?

Edited on 01/23/2007 6:15am

xboxdukex

[11]Jan 23, 2007
    • level: 7
    i do believe that the show would have lasted maybe a season or two more if Bo and Luke hadn't of left. Many fans were very opposed to Coy and Vance replacing them and refused to watch the show, or didn't like it very much because they wanted Bo and Luke back. The ratings dropped rapidly. But, I mean, when Bo and Luke came back, everything was back to normal again, so I definately think Coy and Vance had an impact on the number of seasons remaining.

If Coy and Vance would have been there from the beginning... I don't know if it would have as much success. Coy and Vance aren't as charming and cute as Bo and Luke were so many people probably wouldn't like them all that much. People may have gotten used to them after a while. I don't know. Dukes of Hazzard definately wouldn't have lasted as long as it did without Bo and Luke, though, that's a given fact.

SirZeored

[12]Jan 27, 2007
    lae10 wrote:
    Yeah, I wonder that too. To be honest, I don't think Coy and Vance were as bad as everyone says they were. They weren't too bad. But I wish they would've stayed longer. It would've been nice to see what would've happened with Bo, Luke, Coy, and Vance along with Daisy and Uncle Jesse. That's a lot of Dukes. Boss probably would've lost his appetite with that many Dukes in Hazzard...lol
    yea lol