The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

How did you get hooked on the Dukes Of Hazzard???

daisylova_4eva

[1]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 6
    Tell how you got hooked on the Dukes, what made you start watching it, and what your favorite character is.

Ever since I was little, the theme song would come on the radio or we'd be listening to a Waylon tape. My brother and I would ask questions about it, like "How are you in trouble with the law since the day your born?" "How are you straightening the curves and flattening the hills?" and the biggest one was "Why are they only showing Waylons hands on TV? I've seen things where they show his face!" and my dad would make a reference to the Dukes Of Hazzard. Usually we'd dismiss the thought, or we'd ask "What are you talking about?" Then, their'd be other times, where we'd be in like Wal-Mart, and I'd see the short shorts, and say "YUCK! Those are TOO SHORT!" and my dad would say "Those are called Daisy Dukes." "Why is that?" I'd ask. "Because, they were worn by Daisy Duke!" "Who's that?" then my dad would look over at my mom and say "WHERE have we gone wrong?" So anyway, when the show came on CMT, I didnt think anything about it, I could've cared less. But then, the Diasy Duke conversation came up, and I plopped my butt on the couch to watch the show, JUST to find out WHO the hell Daisy Duke was, and WHY were there shorts named after her? I found out really quick. By the time the show was over, I had fallen in love with it, and I make it a point to watch every eopisode I can, excpet for the Coy and Vance ones, I dont like them as much as Bo and Luke. Besides, my mom and I think its strange that Coy and Vance have the same color ahir as Bo and Luke, and they seem to wear the same clothes too. I think Coy and Vance smile too much anyway.
    Anyway, thats how I got hooked on the Dukles Of Hazzard, and its a good thing I did, or else I wouldnt like Catherine Bach so much, I wouldnt be emailing Tom Wopat and Catherine at all, I wouodnt be doing anything now. Who knows how much my life would be different if I had never watched a single episode.
    Okay, I'm done, tal;k to ya'll later
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

scc1fan

[2]Feb 1, 2006
    • level: 51
    Lets see...well, I don't have as long a story as your, but I found it on CMT one day and watched it. I liked it enough, until I realized who was playing Bo. When it hit me that it was John Schneider, I was hooked! He is the most handsome man on television...so of course I watch Dukes.

daisylova_4eva

[3]Feb 2, 2006
    Yeah, I like him too. Even though he was years older than I am now when the Dukes came out, I still think he looks great there. But, then again, alot of teenagers that I've noticed that like the show have their eye on John Schneider for a little while, lol. Even if he is years older than us now, and was years older that us when the show started.. actually, most teenagers werent even born when that show cam e out! I dont think ANY teenagers of now were born then!! that was in 79, and if your 19 now, or almost, then 87 was the year that you were born... nope, no teens now were born then!!! lol. But oh well, a girls gotta dream!!! lol.

Smallvillefrk

[4]Feb 6, 2006
    • level: 7
    I wanted to see the new Dukes movie -kicks myself- and i also wanted to see the original show. So i checked out the first disk from Blockbuster. I quickly fell in love and would stand 20 min outside of blockbuster waiting for my mom to pick me up from getting a new dukes disc and i also found out that CMT played Dukes too. I have been hooked ever since ^^

port5170

[5]Feb 7, 2006
    • level: 12
    I watched it way back when it was first on, my family watched and I just loved the show

scc1fan

[6]Feb 7, 2006
    Smallvillefrk wrote:
    I wanted to see the new Dukes movie -kicks myself- and i also wanted to see the original show. So i checked out the first disk from Blockbuster. I quickly fell in love and would stand 20 min outside of blockbuster waiting for my mom to pick me up from getting a new dukes disc and i also found out that CMT played Dukes too. I have been hooked ever since ^^

Me too! Except that I never wanted to watch the new "movie".

JPPT1974

[7]Feb 8, 2006
    • level: 50
    As a kid living in Miami at the time
    Five years old about!

Anime_Girl

[8]Feb 26, 2006
    I was just watching the Tv Guide Channel to see what's on and I saw the 'Duke of Hazzard' was on CMT. I thought that I might as well see what is was about so I changed the channel to CMT, watched the show, and was instantly hooked. I'm a big fan of car chases and jumps. The epi. was Coltrane vs. Duke.

jamesMoo

[9]Apr 3, 2006
    I was born in 1977, and as a little boy, my sister and parents and I watched the Dukes every Friday. I loved theme song and wanted to be Bo. I later watched it every day on TNN, and now collect DVDS. (we dont have CMT.)

Missynotprissy

[10]Apr 5, 2006
    • level: 2
    I liked the action and thought Tom Wopat (Luke) was awesome with his combination of sexiness and great brains.

LB80

[11]May 19, 2006
    • level: 65
    It was one of those Saturday TV shows that I watched and loved when I was about 4/5 and has just stayed wih me since, much like `The A-Team`

HarrisonRocks

[12]Jun 5, 2006
    • level: 14

I wanted to watch that new movie of The Dukes of Hazzard.  When I told my mom she was like "you do know that use to be a tv show?", and when she told me that I had to see the show but didn't know if they were doing reruns.  So one day I was home sick from work, and I was watching the Price is Right.  When the commercials came on I was flipping through the channels seeing what else was on.  When I got to CMT I was like this looks like a show my mom would have watched when she was young.  Then they start to go off on commercials, and said that "the dukes of hazzard will be right back."  I was like forget The Price is Right I want to watch the Dukes.  The episode was "The Runaway".  After wacthing that episode I was hooked to the show, and I doesn't hurt that John Schneider is really cute then and now.  I was born the year the show ended back in 1985.

Anyway that is how I got hook on to this good ol' show.

CommandoNES

[13]Jun 13, 2006
    • level: 10

I got hooked about 12 years ago, It was the summer and not much going on because it was so hot and I liked fast cars and hot girls and seen it on TNN (Now Spike) and just watched it everyday after that the hole summer.

Since then I have seen every episode a few times, and I also am getting each season as they come out.

xboxdukex

[14]Jun 20, 2006
    well, I got hooked when I heard a Dukes of Hazzard movie was coming out Jessica Simpson playing Daisy Duke. I remember thinking "But Daisy wasn't blonde.. and I don't think she really had a southern accent" SO I turned the tv to CMT one time, and it was on. As hard as I tried, I didn't like it ONE BIT! Then like, a week later, it was on and I asked my mom if I could watch it. I was trying hard to see why people liked it. I taped it-but it was like the end of it. I remember thinking John Schneider was cute, and so I made myself watch the show again. I liked it this time and just went out and randomly bought a DVD season and fell in love. I still think John's hot and he's REALLY older than me, but he's still beautiful.

scc1fan

[15]Jun 21, 2006
    ahhh yes...the John bug!

trayce13

[16]Jun 23, 2006
    • level: 13
    I watched the Dukes when it was first on CBS. It was the one show that I would pull the chair in front of the tv. I love those Duke boys! I am excited that it is on nightly on the abcfamily network. It is on at 11pm central time. I own the dvds. They will forever hold a special place in my heart. I even have trading cards from the 80's!

legato11

[17]Sep 12, 2006
    • level: 11
    I Got hooked watching the General Lee jump over everything.

dtf955

[18]Sep 19, 2006
    • level: 11

Mid-2nd season, my grade school friend Bob is all excited talking abou it, and I decide to watch it with him one evening; we were in 5th. I liked it right away for the car jumping. He comments that Bo and Luke used to be pretty wild, and CBS changed it after season 1 because kids were watching it more. (*Yearning sigh* When the networks cared about the audience. Those were the days.)

I kept watching it every night, but didn't like the other adventure shows much (A-Team, later Knight Rider, etc) because I wasn't much into that, I just liked the car jumping and stuff.

Then, of course, I hit puberty and it was still on, and I got my first crush. :-) You gals with your John things, there were lots of teenage boys back int he day who wanted to marry Daisy Duke :-)  I loved the sweet, compassionate kind who still weren't afraid to stand up for what was right and fight for it, like Daisy.

But the star of the show to me was still the General, with the Boss Hogg/Rosco comedy act up there, too; I've always loved Abbott and Costello, and you'd have sworn my friends and I then knew people named Who, What, etc., we did that stuff so much. So, that kind of comedy duo was really big for me. But, I did like Daisy, too.

Edited on 09/19/2006 5:47am

Geoff8

[19]Sep 22, 2006
    • level: 1
    I've been watching this show since it first aired. Back to back with The Incredible Hulk. My friend and family would watch it every Friday evening. the show was full of excitment the car chases and watchin Daisy lol . I have all 6 DVD collections waiting for the rest just a great show I'm 34 now and still pop a dvd in and watch 2 or 3 episodes on my off days!!

Hellkitty2001

[20]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 10

For me, I think it was that one episode of "Family Guy" where the Griffins go down south, and Peter made his car look like the General Lee. Afterwards, me and my brother saw the movie in theaters. Or was it the other way round...?