The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

John Schneider's General Lee Sold For $450,000

lae10

[1]Jan 20, 2008
    • level: 40
    On Saturday, January 19, 2008, John Schneider had his General Lee at the Barrett-Jackson Collector Car Auction and auctioned it off. When the car came to the stage, he played the horn twice. Then he climbed out of the car and did his famous Bo Duke jump into the car. There was this guy there who said that he would like to see Tony Stewart tryto get into that car like John did. I thought that was pretty funny. Then John climbed on top of the General and sang the Dukes of Hazzard theme song and did his famous Bo Duke "Yeehaw!" While the General was being auctioned off, the bid stayed at $200,000 for like three minutes, and the auctioner even said that it was way too underpriced. Then it finally went up to $450,000 and was sold to one lucky bidder. All the actors and actresses from the show except for Sorrell Booke signed underneath the hood of the car.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

trayce13

[2]Jan 28, 2008
    • level: 13
    I wish that I was there! That would of been so cool to see. I got my picture taken by a General Lee in the 80's at an auto show. Tom Wopat was there.

lae10

[3]Feb 4, 2008
    • level: 40
    You are so lucky. I would give anything to be able to do that.

halogod95

[4]Jun 24, 2008
    • level: 24
    Wow. I'm kind of sad they sold it.