The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Movie vs. TV show

st1983

[21]Oct 26, 2005
    • level: 7
    I've watched the show, and the movie, and found both of them about the same. The movie was modernized, but overall it wasn't totally bad. As for the pot smoking, well, in the show, there was moonshine, the pot smoking is just an update to that (and also in my opinion, neither moonshine or pot smoking are shown in a positive light on the show or the movie, they're just shown)
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

1treehillfan

[22]Oct 28, 2005
    • level: 45
    st1983 wrote:
    I've watched the show, and the movie, and found both of them about the same. The movie was modernized, but overall it wasn't totally bad. As for the pot smoking, well, in the show, there was moonshine, the pot smoking is just an update to that (and also in my opinion, neither moonshine or pot smoking are shown in a positive light on the show or the movie, they're just shown)

You apparently arent watching the same tv show as everyone else. The movie and show are nowhere close to being "about the same". The movie falsely portrayed everyone. They not only made it mordern they made it trashy. That is something that the show wasnt.

mswings19

[23]Oct 29, 2005
    • level: 8
    I like both. I think that because they are so different, in my mind I don't even compare them. I definitely like the show better, but I do like the movie too

footballgirl

[24]Oct 30, 2005
    everyone know that the tv show is the best and always well be

footballgirl

[25]Oct 30, 2005
    CALLING ALL DUKE FANS i'd like to know what you think is the best episode all

CHOPPERLADY

[26]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 1
    THE TV SHOW IS MUCH BETTER THAN THE MOVIE THAT IS COMING OUT. THE REASON I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE THE ACTORS IN THE TV SHOW MAKE THE CHARACTERS COME TO LIFE AND THE TALK ABOUT THE WAY THINGS REALLY WERE FOR THE TIME SETTING THAT THE SHOW TAKES PLACE. THE MOVIE IS JUST A KNOCK OFF FOR THE PEOPLE WHO MADE TO TRY TO MAKE MONEY. THERE IS NO GOOD STORY LINE IN THE MOVIE AND IT JUST PLAINLY STINKS.

CHOPPERLADY

[27]Nov 12, 2005
    I THINK THAT THE BEST EPISODE EVER WAS THE GHOST OF THE GENERAL LEE.

scc1fan

[28]Nov 19, 2005
    • level: 51
    I loved that one too, but I think that Brotherly Love is the best I've seen. It was just so emotional.

kitty_girl_123

[29]Nov 23, 2005
    • level: 33
    I heard the show was a lot better, I never whatched the showm but the movie was a peice of crap! So I'll go with tv show.

dukesfast

[30]Dec 10, 2005
    i have seen the car in the movie and i mean how can bo and luke get into the new car cause the windows are small and the old ones better cause there funny

old_tv_fan

[31]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 13
    [This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]

old_tv_fan

[32]Dec 14, 2005

old_tv_fan

[33]Dec 14, 2005
    I have just seen the film.

Firstly as a film it is entertaining

I now people think it is disrespectful to the tv show but I have to admit if the tv show was to be made today this is what it would be like.

The car chases are brilliant

However there are many problems with the film

Rosco is nothing like the show

Willie nelson should have been good as Uncle Jessie however here he is relegated to saying stupid jokes and I get teh impression he is only here as a character because he has to be.

The boys racing rival is over the top and is basically a copy of Ben Stillers character in Dodgeball

JK and SWS have good chemistry and are convincing as bo and luke but not a patch on Tom and John.

Overall film entertaining but has seriously lost the charm which made the series the best show ever.

old_tv_fan

[34]Dec 14, 2005

spellcrafter67

[35]Dec 14, 2005
    • level: 5
    Now I can not bring myself to go and see the new Dukes of Hazzard... I think it is because I am very loyal to the show. Plus they can not ever get anyone who was and still is as good looking as Bo is or as someone who is as of good looking as Daisy.

scc1fan

[36]Dec 17, 2005
    Agreed. I mean, it might even be somewhat interesting (I doubt it, but hey! I'll try to give it the benefit of the doubt) but I don't even want to get a different picture of the Dukes in my mind. The show is just so....I don't know, it's hard to explain, but it's comforting, you know? I don't want to lose that b/c someone thought they needed to 'modernize' it. That may sound corny to some of you, but that's how I feel.

spellcrafter67

[37]Dec 19, 2005
    • level: 5
    You have more guts then me...

port5170

[38]Dec 20, 2005
    • level: 12
    both are great, it is like comparing Apples and Oranges.. The show is IMO a classic I loved as a kid I still love it, The movie has great car chases is Hillarious..like most TV ?spin off Movie they are the same in name only

scc1fan

[39]Dec 21, 2005
    spellcrafter67 wrote:
    You have more guts then me...

Is that a good thing or a bad thing?

daisylova_4eva

[40]Jan 25, 2006
    • level: 6
    Okay, I'm gonna go off topic here for just a second, but dont worry, it all ties in.

The movie, Walk The Line, about Johnny and June Carter Cash, that had been going for a good long while, in preperations, and filming. And Reese Witherspoon plays June very well, or so I've seen in a few things. And to play the part, Reese died her hair brown, no biggy there. AND one final thing. June Carter Cash endorsed (i think thats the right word) Reese Witherspoon playing the part of herself. June liked Reese alot, and thouyght she would do a good job, so she decided that Reese should be the only one to play the part.

Okay, now this is where it all ties in. I honestly think, that the original cast of the Dukes should have been able to pick who were following them up. For instance, if Catherine Bach had chosen Jessica Simpson, because she KNEW that Jessica would've done a good job, I would have watched the Movie. And Reese had her hair died for the longest time, throughout the whole time they were filming, and preparing, and she also hung around June Carter Cash before she died so that she could get a feel for the role. Now I am assuming that this movie cast didnt even THINK to attempt what Reese did, trying to be one with the character. A few weeks of hanging around the original cast, and watching the show as often as they could, they probably would have done better than all the reviews I've sseen. But you know, I bet that even a few DAYS of hanging around the original cast and watching only a handful of episodes would have made the moviie better! Because then, they would have had at least a little of the part in them.

So thats how my reference of Walk The Line ties in with The Dukes Of Hazzard movie.