The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Movie vs. TV show

scc1fan

[41]Jan 28, 2006
    • level: 51
    daisylova_4eva wrote:
    Okay, I'm gonna go off topic here for just a second, but dont worry, it all ties in.

The movie, Walk The Line, about Johnny and June Carter Cash, that had been going for a good long while, in preperations, and filming. And Reese Witherspoon plays June very well, or so I've seen in a few things. And to play the part, Reese died her hair brown, no biggy there. AND one final thing. June Carter Cash endorsed (i think thats the right word) Reese Witherspoon playing the part of herself. June liked Reese alot, and thouyght she would do a good job, so she decided that Reese should be the only one to play the part.

Okay, now this is where it all ties in. I honestly think, that the original cast of the Dukes should have been able to pick who were following them up. For instance, if Catherine Bach had chosen Jessica Simpson, because she KNEW that Jessica would've done a good job, I would have watched the Movie. And Reese had her hair died for the longest time, throughout the whole time they were filming, and preparing, and she also hung around June Carter Cash before she died so that she could get a feel for the role. Now I am assuming that this movie cast didnt even THINK to attempt what Reese did, trying to be one with the character. A few weeks of hanging around the original cast, and watching the show as often as they could, they probably would have done better than all the reviews I've sseen. But you know, I bet that even a few DAYS of hanging around the original cast and watching only a handful of episodes would have made the moviie better! Because then, they would have had at least a little of the part in them.

So thats how my reference of Walk The Line ties in with The Dukes Of Hazzard movie.

That's actually a very good point. They should've at least gotten the original actors take on the new actors...even if their opinions were not the final word.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

KayDefromBC

[42]Feb 8, 2006
    • level: 6
    old_tv_fan wrote:

The boys racing rival is over the top and is basically a copy of Ben Stillers character in Dodgeball

I just saw the movie last night (against my wishes!) I totally agree with you here. I kept waiting for him to say, "Nobody makes me bleed my own blood!"

The movie was a waste of time for anyone who remembers the show fondly (and I did SO have a crush on John Schneider!) The casting was particularly awful (a slim, trim Boss Hogg?!?)

scc1fan

[43]Feb 8, 2006
    Wait a minute--John is mine! Here...have a clone...but I keep the original!

daisylova_4eva

[44]Feb 9, 2006
    • level: 6
    old_tv_fan wrote:

The movie was a waste of time for anyone who remembers the show fondly (and I did SO have a crush on John Schneider!) The casting was particularly awful (a slim, trim Boss Hogg?!?)

Yeah, really! My mom says thats what got her. The name was a kinda play on the character, Hogg, cause he ate like a hog.

And throwing stuff out at the police to make their cars blow up! And it was the UNCLE JESSE character! In the REAL Dukes, Boss Hogg NEVER got "trim and slim" and Uncle Jesse was a good person. He never did anything to hurt anybody. I'm seriously thinking about creating my OWN Dukes movie, where I get to cast who plays who, and I'll get the original cast to help me out. Anybody up for helping with that??? I'm thinking about finding a way to put the original Daisy Bo and Luke in there too... Like I said, anybody up for helping? Is it okay to post email adresses? Aww, what the heck. If you want to help me create a brand new, stick to the show, Dukes movie, just email me at dollysnumber1fan@hotmail.com, or dollysnumber1fan@yahoo.com. And if you have msn messenger, or yahoo messenger, feel free to add me! I wanna do this!

General_Lee45

[45]Feb 28, 2006
    • level: 4
    It's way to obvious which is better and all true Dukes of Hazzard fans know it and i don't have to say it YEEHAW!

scc1fan

[46]Feb 28, 2006
    General_Lee45 wrote:
    It's way to obvious which is better and all true Dukes of Hazzard fans know it and i don't have to say it YEEHAW!

That's right!!!!!!!

General_Lee45

[47]Mar 7, 2006
    • level: 4
    killer1177 wrote:
    I haven't seen the tv show so I guess the movie is better. And I do like to see modern celebrities.

Hate to tell ya but NO! IT ISN'T Better its Infinity's and beyond worse then the TV show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! believe us fans, my friend they speek the danged truth!

LB80

[48]May 19, 2006
    • level: 65

The movie was a complete embarassement to the original series, the characters were completely wrong and don't even get me started on the General Lee doors that open rather than having to slide through the window.

I honestly don't think the director actually saw an episode of the TV series but instead just asked a load of people what the series was about, and then made the film in his own vision

Hellkitty2001

[49]Sep 23, 2006
    • level: 10

Personally, I don't see why people hate the movie. I mean, it's got everything, action, explosions, drama, explosions, romance, explosions... (Yes I said explosions three times, but I like movie explosions. )

Remember, I've got to a right to an opinon like eveyone else. It also helps that I like things that most other people don't. That's just who I am.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"I reject your reality and subsitute my own!" -Adam Savage from Mythbusters

TasForMayor

[50]Sep 26, 2006
    • level: 21
    Howdy,
    It was perty nice that they thunk well enough of them boys to make a movie about 'em and everybody wanted to see it; but the TV series was a far sight better ....

lesmis24601

[51]Sep 30, 2006
    • level: 7
    I Loved the show, like most people do, but the movie was pretty good. I just treated it like it had nothing to do with the show and it was pretty funny. It was directed more toward teens than the show. The show was a nice family show and the movie was PG-13 so obviously there are going to be some differences.

daisyduke71

[52]Nov 24, 2006
    • level: 14

I haven't seen the movie but have seen previews.  I think it is horrible all filled with sex and wouldn't watch it if they gave me all of Hazzard county.  So I guess it is the TV show for me.

green_arrow92

[53]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 20
    I saw the movie, Heck I own it. The series is way way way better. 

hobotycoon

[54]Nov 25, 2006
    • level: 10
    The television series was definitely better. The movie stunk! None of the characters on the movie acted as near as the same as the original Bo, Luke, Daisy, Rosco, Cletus, Enos, Boss Hogg, Uncle Jesse, and Cooter. Nothing at all was the same. The movie couldn't go a minute without having a cuss word. Boss Hogg was way too skinny, and it seemed Rosco was the one that was fat. I think it was Bo who was completely bald, and Jessica Simpson was the worst person to play Daisy. The movie was nothing like the show, and I give the movie negative five stars.

SirZeored

[55]Jan 6, 2007
    • level: 17

killer1177 wrote:
    I haven't seen the tv show so I guess the movie is better. And I do like to see modern celebrities.
    ARE YOU MAD!?!?!

The TV Show is the best! I mean UNRATED?? How low can you get

Edited on 01/06/2007 7:40pm

daisyduke71

[56]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 14
    I would say hands down the original tv series. It was one of the best on tv. The movie was about all sex.

SirZeored

[57]Jan 7, 2007
    • level: 17

Yeah wasnt Bo or Luck did it with Dasiy. It just ticked my off!!

Boss wasnt Rosco's "little fat buddy"

Rosco didnt make me laugh at all!

lae10

[58]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 40
    The movie was ok...but the show is the best. The movie had too much graphic stuff that little kids wouldn't be able to watch. I just like the characters from the show are more real than the characters in the movie. The show was much better!!!