The Dukes of Hazzard Forums

CBS (ended 1985)

Prequel. Note: Coming never to a theater anywhere

Abriel004

[1]Jul 7, 2006
    • level: 8

Y'all probably remember about "The Dukes Of Hazzard" movie that a very limited amount of people liked and enjoyed in theatres. Well, guess what? Now there is going to be a prequel called "The Dukes Of Hazzard - The Beginning". This movie WILL NOT be coming to theaters at all due to the fact that it is being released to video and dvd ONLY. The release year for this direct-to-video/dvd is 2007. Not sure about the release date yet but this information is current. If you would like to check this information out please visit the internet movie database via imdb.com
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Mad_Buck

[2]Jul 8, 2006
    • level: 79
    Germans.

Smallvillefrk

[3]Jul 11, 2006
    • level: 7
    Nobody can do the Dukes and do it right except the original Dukes. Stop trying xP

scc1fan

[4]Jul 12, 2006
    • level: 51
    Smallvillefrk wrote:
    Nobody can do the Dukes and do it right except the original Dukes. Stop trying xP

...I really don't think anyone needs to add anything to that...

xboxdukex

[5]Jul 14, 2006
    WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!

i knew they were coming oput with a second one but if their so stupid as to not even put it in theatres WHAT'S THE POINT!!! gaaahhhh, they need to quit trying to make DOH stuff when they know THEY CAN'T!

scc1fan

[6]Jul 21, 2006
    xboxdukex wrote:
    WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!

i knew they were coming oput with a second one but if their so stupid as to not even put it in theatres WHAT'S THE POINT!!! gaaahhhh, they need to quit trying to make DOH stuff when they know THEY CAN'T!

*tries to calm down xboxdukex*

Wait a minute...you're right!!!!

*begins screaming with xboxdukex*

firecracker666

[7]Jul 24, 2006
    • level: 13
    I actually got angry when I read about this so called movie. Its so stupid! Did they not hear the uproar from the fans the first time?! Straight to DVD says it all really. I read that its going to explain the origins of Daisys shorts *rolls eyes*. How much of an explaination could there be of why she wears a certain piece of clothing? And the actress (and I use that word very lightly) is some kind of former playboy bunnie or page 3 model or something to that effect. And it will also follow a teenage Bo and Luke during their first weeks in Hazzard. Uh...maybe ive got it all wrong, and if I do, please feel free to correct me, but werent Bo and Luke born in Hazzard? Or at least there from a very young age? So now not only are they making a stupid movie. AGAIN! But theyre changing the history of the show.  I was gonna say we should burn as many copies as we can but that would mean spending money on it. Yeah right.
    Edited on 07/24/2006 3:36pm

xboxdukex

[8]Jul 26, 2006
    i wouldn't waste y money on BS like that, even if it was for burning the copies. I'll ask my friends to buy it for me and then I'll burn the copies, that way there spending money! lol, no, I'll just ask some people if they have the movie and if I can burn it

and how do you explain how she came up with Daisy Dukes? Basically, she wanted somethnig to wear, she sat down and sewed, and on came the Daisy Dukes. End of movie! thank you!

I believe Bo and Luke were born near to Hazzard or in Hazzard, and there parents died at a young age so they cvame and lived with Uncle Jesse. ANd I believe it's horrible that, again, there changing around the characters and the history of the show. That is why people like the show and it shouldn't even be considered Dukes of Hazzard whenever you do this because without the history and the main characters, people have nothing to look forward to. That IS the show and that is what the show will always be about and so it's really pointless to take the meaning of Dukes of Hazzard away and just mold it into whatever they want. They shouldn't even take credit of using the title DUKES OF HAZZARD because it won't fit. Gosh, this really makes me mad.

xboxdukex

[9]Jul 26, 2006
    scc1fan wrote:
    xboxdukex wrote:
    WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!

*tries to calm down xboxdukex*

Wait a minute...you're right!!!!

*begins screaming with xboxdukex*

glad someone appreciates my thoughts :] And the name's Hailee

scc1fan

[10]Jul 28, 2006
    Hi Hailee!

CommandoNES

[11]Jul 30, 2006
    • level: 10

xboxdukex wrote:
    WHAT THE HECK!!!!!!!

Well I'm a big movie fan and I like lots of B movies like many others. Dukes of Hazzard will not be one I watch, but B movies still have a place in my heart.

"they need to quit trying to make DOH stuff when they know THEY CAN'T!"

That is very true^^

Abriel004

[12]Mar 10, 2007
    • level: 8
    Well, i gotta say they finally got a bruenette to play the role of Daisy Duke in this movie and that's all well and fine Except for one thing. The General Lee was found in a junkyard not in the Hogg's Ravine. They have totally changed the history of Happy Birthday General Lee. Doing that ruined that episode completely. If they are gonna call a movie The Dukes Of Hazzard : The Beginning they should follow the events that happened in Happy Birthday General Lee. Then the movie would make just a little more sense.

I still liked it though.

lae10

[13]Mar 12, 2007
    • level: 40
    The prequel is coming out to DVD Tuesday, March 13.

lesmis24601

[14]Mar 17, 2007
    I actually enjoyed this movie (and the first one to be truthful). However, i didn't think of it as dukes of hazzard. I just treated for what it was, a movie that was a spinoff of a tv show. It didn't have to follow completly because the show cant be topped but those storys have already been told. They came up with a new story that may not have followed the show, but it wasn't bad.