CBS (ended 1985)

The Best Daisy Duke

flyme9sky

[41]Aug 20, 2005
    • level: 2
    not.....
    that viedo s.....
    she is a blonde b
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Stephen0684

[42]Sep 23, 2005
    • level: 8
    Oh, brother. Anyway Catherine, hands down.

scc1fan

[43]Sep 29, 2005
    • level: 51
    antietam1958 wrote:
    The day that they can find some to fill Catherin Bach role then that ewill be the day that the General Lee will stop jumping over things.

Well put. Catherine hands down. I won't even waste my time watching the movie.

jamesMoo

[44]Oct 3, 2005
    • level: 6
    Catherine Bach by 100 %.

CommandoNES

[45]Oct 6, 2005
    • level: 10
    Catherine Bach is the best and only Daisy Duke in my books. Sure Jessica Simpson is hot but Catherine was even hotter back when she was Jessica Simpson's age.

Once again I must say I didn't watch the Dukes of Hazzard movie because im a true Dukes of Hazzard fan.

ThumperD67

[46]Oct 15, 2005
    • level: 2
    Jessica WHO??? Oh, you mean that sleazy sperm bank from that knock=off movie. She's not worthy of washing Cathy Bach's cutoffs.

st1983

[47]Oct 26, 2005
    • level: 7
    I don't really find either of them attractive, but the best is always the original, so definitely Catherine (her acting was better than Jessica's)

mswings19

[48]Oct 27, 2005
    • level: 8
    definitely Catherine

NovaScotianDude

[49]Oct 30, 2005
    • level: 16
    Catherine Bach is the best Daisy Duke becasue she was the original one.

Jordan(Happy Halloween)!

cerbera45

[50]Nov 3, 2005
    • level: 3
    Catherine Bach had the better legs.

CHOPPERLADY

[51]Nov 12, 2005
    • level: 1
    CATHERINE BACH HAD A MUCH BETTER DAISY DUKE. THE REASON THAT I SAY THIS IS BECAUSE THERE WILL ALWAYS BE ONE AND ONLY DAISY DUKE. THAT WILL ALWAYS BE CATHERINE BACH.

scc1fan

[52]Nov 19, 2005
    I don't really think either are attractive, but as for acting, still gotta say Catherine.

kchesak

[53]Nov 30, 2005
    • level: 1
    Yes, Catherine Bach is the original Daisey Duke, and sets the mold and hard example to follow, but Jessica Simpson is the next best thing. The character of Daisey Duke is not a person of extremely high intelligence, and we can all agree that Jessica Simpson is not extremely blessed there. Jessica also has the looks, although she is blonde, and she knows how to work it just like Catherine. She seduces strangers and does it only when necessary,and not for pleasure. She does it to help her family and friends. Jessica also follows the same morals as Catherine. Jessica Simpson is not that bad of a Daisey Duke, and she deserves to be recognized as a more than adequate replacement for the times.

Mad_Buck

[54]Dec 1, 2005
    • level: 79
    kchesak wrote:
    Yes, Catherine Bach is the original Daisey Duke, and sets the mold and hard example to follow, but Jessica Simpson is the next best thing. The character of Daisey Duke is not a person of extremely high intelligence, and we can all agree that Jessica Simpson is not extremely blessed there. Jessica also has the looks, although she is blonde, and she knows how to work it just like Catherine. She seduces strangers and does it only when necessary,and not for pleasure. She does it to help her family and friends. Jessica also follows the same morals as Catherine. Jessica Simpson is not that bad of a Daisey Duke, and she deserves to be recognized as a more than adequate replacement for the times.

Thank you, Nick Lachey. Oh, in case you didn't know because you probably haven't watched the series, Daisy Duke as played by Catherine Bach was a fairly intelligent woman. Not a rocket scientist but certainly not dumber than dirt. Your wife Jessica......well, since I know you two have been having problems there's no real need to pile on here in this forum.

deckzone3000

[55]Dec 15, 2005
    • level: 20
    Mad_Buck wrote:
    akdorsey27 wrote:
    I like Jessica Simpson more cause shes alot sexier than Catherine Bach but shes a sucky actress but she was hot in that music video they did!

Good grief, Jethro. Obviously you never saw Cathy Bach in her prime.

Mad_Buck wrote:
    Looks like the MTV morons have found their way to this thread. Notice they don't give a reason. They just say Jessica Simpson 'cause she's hot.

Mad_Buck wrote:
    Thank you, Nick Lachey. Oh, in case you didn't know because you probably haven't watched the series, Daisy Duke as played by Catherine Bach was a fairly intelligent woman. Not a rocket scientist but certainly not dumber than dirt. Your wife Jessica......well, since I know you two have been having problems there's no real need to pile on here in this forum.

Someone is a little obsessed with Catherine Bach, or just a Jessica Simpson hater. lol

scc1fan

[56]Dec 17, 2005
    And everyone should chill out just a little. mm-kay?

daisylova_4eva

[57]Jan 25, 2006
    ThumperD67 wrote:
    Jessica WHO??? Oh, you mean that sleazy sperm bank from that knock=off movie. She's not worthy of washing Cathy Bach's cutoffs.

LOL! Thats good. And I agree with that, and several other posts in here. Especially the one about the character Daisy Duke was smart, and its easy to tell! She's got 2 smart cousins, and a smart uncle, how can she afford to be anything BUT smart? She's come up with some pretty good plans of her own to get rid of the bad guys, and to do alot of other things! For instance, the episode where the Duke boys, Uncle Jesse, Boss Hog, Rosco, one of the deputys (I cant remember which one at this point), and some guy they threw in jail were stuck in the police station, because of the guy that was thrown in there pretending to get sick, while his associates went and robbed the bank. Didnt Daisy come up with the plan to get on top of the getaway RV, and then let cooter know by waving at him, so that he could follow them, and she tried to get into the RV afterwards to call for help? Sure, she got caught, but its like Waylon said "If Daisy werent a Duke, she might be able to do it." Because the Dukes are just attractions for trouble, or so it seems, which is part of the reason why its such a good show, even good old Daisy couldnt get help that way. I call that pretty smart.

But anyway, I say Catherine Bach, hands down. If Jessica Simpson really wanted to play the part well, she would have at least have died her hair brown, or put on a wig! I mean, think about it. Catherine Bach is a brunette. Jessica Simpson is a blond. Catherine Bach played Daisy first. Jessica Simpson played Daisy as a blond.

But okay, I'm done for now, bye ya'll!!!

daisylova_4eva

[58]Jan 25, 2006
    Okay, forgive me Catherine, what I said was wrong!!!

Okay, apparently, Catherine supported Jessica in filling her shoes. ALSO, the original Daisy was supposed to be a blond until Catherine auditioned, and then she got the part, so thats why the original Daisy Duke now has brown hair.

SO technically, the hair color is okay, and I guess well, maybe Jessica didnt do such a bad job if Catherine supported her. But I dont know, I havent seen the movie. I still dont really care too, but hey, if Catherine supports Jessica, maybe we should all think twice before saying things about Jessica Simpson portraying Daisy Duke that may very well not be true. I'm not saying any of you guys had any thing to say that wasnt true, but I did when I said Catherine may not have supported Jessica. So, I feel bad about that now, and I just wanted to apologize for my wrongful words.

Mad_Buck

[59]Jan 27, 2006
    • level: 79
    daisylova_4eva wrote:

Okay, apparently, Catherine supported Jessica in filling her shoes. ALSO, the original Daisy was supposed to be a blond until Catherine auditioned, and then she got the part, so thats why the original Daisy Duke now has brown hair.

SO technically, the hair color is okay, and I guess well, maybe Jessica didnt do such a bad job if Catherine supported her. But I dont know, I havent seen the movie. I still dont really care too, but hey, if Catherine supports Jessica, maybe we should all think twice before saying things about Jessica Simpson portraying Daisy Duke that may very well not be true. I'm not saying any of you guys had any thing to say that wasnt true, but I did when I said Catherine may not have supported Jessica. So, I feel bad about that now, and I just wanted to apologize for my wrongful words.

The original Daisy was not supposed to be blonde. The original Daisy was supposed to have auburn hair because that's what Barbi Benton has. She was offered the role by the producers without having to audition but turned it down because she thought the script was cheesy.

scc1fan

[60]Jan 28, 2006
    daisylova_4eva wrote:

That's very big of you--but I'm still not going to watch the 'movie'.