The Dukes of Hazzard

Hazzard in Hollywood

Aired Friday 8:00 PM May 19, 2000 on CBS

7.9
  • This was the second of the two Dukes of Hazzard Reunion movies. The Dukes was one of my favorite shows. A rural action/adventure comedy the show was fun and actually had a lot of family values. Years later the surviving cast made two Reunion films.

Despite being a huge Dukes fan. I remember thinking Luke Duke was about as cool as a guy could get and who didn't have a crush on Daisy? It was good seeing all the surviving members of the cast but I thought this movie (though slightly better than the first reunion movie) was mediocre at best. I am not quite sure why they wouldn't focus on Hazzard County instead of a Hollywood storyline (especially considering the fact there was a Dukes in Hollywood episode from season 7). The movie basically lacked the humor and charm of the series and Sorrell Booke (Boss Hogg) was the most underrated character on the Dukes in my opinion. His interaction with Rosco in many ways make the series so much fun. With the loss of Boss Hogg and Uncle Jesse it just wasn't the same.
  • The Duke boys are back...again!

I really enjoyed this reunion movie too. However, I preferred the first one because it had Uncle Jesse in it. But this one was good too. The people of Hazzard are trying to raise money for a hospital and then a guy is there saying that he would promote the tapes of the stars who played at the Boar's Nest. Bo, Luke, Daisy, Cooter, Cletus, and Rosco head for L.A. where they meet up with Enos and they make a bunch of new friends. Bo gets a really special friend...lol. The tapes get stolen and the Dukes do everything in their power to get them back. They finally do after almost getting shot by the bad guys. Back in Hazzard, Toby Keith comes for a concert along with Anita Blackwell, Luke's ex-girlfriend. I really loved this movie. I liked the fact that at the end of the movie it said "In loving memory of Denver Pyle." Great movie!