The Dukes of Hazzard

The Ghost of General Lee

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Oct 26, 1979 on CBS

• Great episode.

This is probably one of the greatest episodes of the Dukes of Hazzard I've seen. So here is the episode summary, that I think, is a very great plot:

While Bo and Luke are skinny-dipping, (YUCK) the General Lee is stolen by a couple of crooks who just got tossed out of another county. When Bo and Luke realize it, they are caught naked without a ride home.

While the crooks have control of the General Lee, Rosco starts chasing them, thinking they are the Dukes. Rosco chases the crooks into the lake. The General doesn't come up. The crooks don't come up, or at least Rosco doesn't see them come up. He thinks the real Dukes drowned in the lake. Poor Rosco. We saw the generous side of Rosco in this episode. And though we know he was a heart, it is shown a lot here as Rosco gets very depressed when he thinks he forced the Dukes into death. But then JD comes up with the excuse that Rosco was just doing his job because the Dukes had supposedly stolen a watch worth thousands that belonged to him. Yeah right.

When Bo and Luke are told that story, they are furious, and plan to play a little joke on JD and Rosco. They get under the General, have Luke working the pedals, and Bo steering, and speaking through a radio to make it look like the General Lee is driving on its own. Radical.

This is of course a series classic. No offense, but if you say this isn't a great episode, then I'll bop you! :D