The Dukes of Hazzard

The Great Santa Claus Chase

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Dec 19, 1980 on CBS

• Christmas episode...

This is the first and only christmas episode to the dukes of hazzard and I think it is one of the best in season 3. It's hazzard County so there is no snow and Boss Hogg is up to his old tricks he frames Bo and Luke for stealing a load of Trees. Bo and Luke knows that Boss did it so they try to do a 3 ghosts thing to make him feel guilty but it doesn't work. The trees end up getting back to every one and Boss hogg reads the book a christmas carol then decides to be really generous and take a bunch of presents to the Dukes. later...
  • Get ready for a Hazzard style Christmas.

In this episode, which happened to be the only Christmas episode of the show, we get to see Boss Hogg yet again frame Bo and Luke for a crime they didn't commit, (hijacking the town's Christmas trees) and again have Bo and Luke out smart Boss and Roscoe to clear their names.

The part of the episode that I liked the best was when the boys, with the Cooter, put their plan of redemption into action, dressing up as Santa Claus to deliver the already bought Christmas trees that boss planned to re-sell to the people who bought the trees. The best part of that scheme was how the three guys were leading Boss, Roscoe, Cledus on a wild goose chase to get the trees to their rightful owners and that scheme ultimately led to the catching of the bad guys.

In all, I really enjoyed "The Great Santa Claus Chase" episode. In fact, at the end of the episode I felt a little sorry for Boss, spending Christmas Eve alone, since Lulu was wasn't home. Also at the end, I thought that it was nice of the Dukes to let Boss celebrate with them at their home, putting aside their differences for the holiday.
CMT