The Dukes of Hazzard

The Reunion!

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 1997 on CBS

7.4
  • lmao at the suggestion of this being a lost episode

this is not a lost episode!!!

not even season 8

It's a movie, get the facts straight
  • The Dukes of Hazzard Homecoming is a reunion movie that should have never been made!

As a child I was a huge fan of the Dukes of Hazzard. The silly comedy featured the Dukes, a poor family, all with hearts of gold, that took pride in fighting the system. The show, while very toungue in cheek, was fun and easy to watch. As a young boy I had a major crush on Catherine Back (aka Daisy Duke). I was also a huge fan of Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) who was the older, more athletic and smarter Duke. Many of my buddies were Bo fans.

When news arrived that CBS had ordered a Dukes reuntion, I was thrilled. However, after watching the reunion film. I sadly was forced to admit, the reunion should have never happened. While the Dukes of Hazzard was never known for its great scripts, this movie was downright bad. There is very little action and the actors seem terribly bored.In fact, Catherine Bach appeared like the only person having a blast despite her silly storyline. Wopat, who has gone on to a brilliant career in Hollywood, seemed like he was going through the motions and John Schenider never was known for his great acting to begin with. The biggest thing that stood out to me in this movie was how vital Sorrele Booke who played Boss Hogg was to the series. Without Boss Hogg, the Rosco character came across as weak and unfunny. It can be argued that Booke and James Best were one of the most underrated comedy teams ever. It also was painful to see Enos actually as a somewhat capable cop and Cooter Davenport, America's favorite redneck all cleaned up. They should have saved that for real life. This one was poorly done.
  • The Dukes are back!!!!

I loved this movie. It was great to see the Duke boys along with Daisy, Uncle Jesse, Cooter, Enos, Cletus, and Rosco back after almost 20 years. When they're all together Uncle Jesse talks about Mama Max and her theme park that she wants to build over Hazzard Swamp. She sued Uncle Jesse for access to the swamp because to build it they have to go over his property, and he won't let them. In town Bo and his big mouth got them snookered into a race for the farm against the one car that ever whooped the General in an overland race. They go to get the General and it's a mess. Bo, Luke, and Cooter spend all night getting the General into shape. Enos finally proposes to Daisy after 30 years. When they're by the swamp she finds a new species of a fern, and Mama Max's boys sees her and they think that she has found what they were looking for. They kidnap Daisy and plan to hold her until Bo and Luke have lost the race and the lease is signed on that theme park. They come up with a plan to go and rescue Daisy in the middle of the race. While in captivity Daisy is still planning her wedding, which is set for the finish line of the race. During the race Bo and Luke go off the course and rescue Daisy and get back in the race. After passing the second checkpoint they see two of the same car that they're supposed to be racing. Turns out that one of the cars has been in the race with an illegal engine. The original driver wants to race the General just one last time fair and square. And so they do. The General went cross country and got to the finish line just a second before the other car. They explain everything to Rosco about Mama Max kidnapping Daisy to keep them out of the race. Then Rosco confesses something. He actually conned Mama Max. Finally, the wedding. Just as Daisy and Enos are about to get married Daisy's ex-husband who ran off shows up, and Daisy realizes that she can't get married. She doesn't want to get hurt again. She and Enos decide to get married when she's ready. This was a really good movie. It was sad because Sorrell Booke passed away a few years before they started to film this. Otherwise, this was a really good movie. It's great to see the cast back together again!!!!!:)
  • Bo, Luke and company return to Hazzard to save Uncle Jesse's farm from a bunch of crooks...

I grew up with this show and really looked forward to this movie. That being said I really didn't expect much from the reunion but I believe it certainly had it's moments.

As a kid I really had no idea how simple and predictable the actual series was. Now I have children of my own and they love the show. We purchased a couple of the DVD's and even though they don't have the deepest plot, I still enjoy watching them. There is enough of the spirit of the original show in this one to make it worth watching. I do wish that Boss Hogg could have been in it. It makes you realize how important his character was to the show.

When my brother and I were trying to figure out what the show would be about we almost got it exactly right. We figured that the General Lee would be all dusty in a barn...right on. We also figured that someone would be after Uncle Jesse's farm...right on. And we also figured that the Dukes would have to get the General running again and race to save the farm...again, right on. So in keeping with the spirit of the original series I'd have to say...right on.
  • A great penultimate episode featuring nearly all of the origianl cast

Any Dukes of Hazzard fan must watch this penultimate episode. It\'s fantastic to watch all the same characters with exeption to Boss Hogg (Sorrell Brooke(who unfortunatly died in 1994)). It has all the usual clean fun that made me fall in love with the show back in the early eighties when I was a wee lad. Bo Duke is now a proffesional race driver, Roscoe is now Boss Luke is a firefighter Uncle Jessie is still Uncle Jessie and Cooter has been elected to Congress. I don\'t know when this episode was filmed but I guess it must have been in the mid nineties. I leave my waffling at that and apologise for whats probable the worst review you\'ve ever read, but if you enjoyed the show when you were young you really need to see this episode