The Dukes of Hazzard

The Reunion!

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 1997 on CBS

7.4
  • The Dukes of Hazzard Homecoming is a reunion movie that should have never been made!

As a child I was a huge fan of the Dukes of Hazzard. The silly comedy featured the Dukes, a poor family, all with hearts of gold, that took pride in fighting the system. The show, while very toungue in cheek, was fun and easy to watch. As a young boy I had a major crush on Catherine Back (aka Daisy Duke). I was also a huge fan of Tom Wopat (Luke Duke) who was the older, more athletic and smarter Duke. Many of my buddies were Bo fans.

When news arrived that CBS had ordered a Dukes reuntion, I was thrilled. However, after watching the reunion film. I sadly was forced to admit, the reunion should have never happened. While the Dukes of Hazzard was never known for its great scripts, this movie was downright bad. There is very little action and the actors seem terribly bored.In fact, Catherine Bach appeared like the only person having a blast despite her silly storyline. Wopat, who has gone on to a brilliant career in Hollywood, seemed like he was going through the motions and John Schenider never was known for his great acting to begin with. The biggest thing that stood out to me in this movie was how vital Sorrele Booke who played Boss Hogg was to the series. Without Boss Hogg, the Rosco character came across as weak and unfunny. It can be argued that Booke and James Best were one of the most underrated comedy teams ever. It also was painful to see Enos actually as a somewhat capable cop and Cooter Davenport, America's favorite redneck all cleaned up. They should have saved that for real life. This one was poorly done.
CMT