The Dukes of Hazzard

The Reunion!

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Apr 25, 1997 on CBS

• Bo, Luke and company return to Hazzard to save Uncle Jesse's farm from a bunch of crooks...

I grew up with this show and really looked forward to this movie. That being said I really didn't expect much from the reunion but I believe it certainly had it's moments.

As a kid I really had no idea how simple and predictable the actual series was. Now I have children of my own and they love the show. We purchased a couple of the DVD's and even though they don't have the deepest plot, I still enjoy watching them. There is enough of the spirit of the original show in this one to make it worth watching. I do wish that Boss Hogg could have been in it. It makes you realize how important his character was to the show.

When my brother and I were trying to figure out what the show would be about we almost got it exactly right. We figured that the General Lee would be all dusty in a barn...right on. We also figured that someone would be after Uncle Jesse's farm...right on. And we also figured that the Dukes would have to get the General running again and race to save the farm...again, right on. So in keeping with the spirit of the original series I'd have to say...right on.