Dungeons & Dragons

CBS (ended 1985)

Dungeons & Dragons Fan Reviews (20)

• Six children get in a carnival ride that leads them to another world called, simply The Realm. There they meet Dungeon Master who gives them fantastical items: a shield, a bow, a staff, a club, a magicians hat, and a cloak of invisibility.

Overall a Great show. I grew up watching it and have recently seen on Disney. I believe the best part of the show was not the great adventures (and they are great) that the kids went on or awesome magical items they came across, but simply the realness of the interactions of the different characters. From Presto and Eric to Bobby and Sheila to Diana and Hank the interactions are always genuine. This was very different than any other Saturday morning show. Daphne was never this way with Shaggy on "Scooby-Doo." -

I was also getting intrigued by the mystery of how Venger was Dungeon Master's "mistake" when the show went off the air. I have recently seen the script for the final episode on the internet, and had they been able to make it, it explains all as Venger was Dungeon Master's son. Once again an almost "Star Wars" type of connection between the Good and Evil forces in The Realm. And always in the shows is the theme of redemption from Dekion to Venger.