Durham County Forums

The Movie Network (ended 2010)

Season 1?

peak_a_bu

[1]Aug 17, 2009
    • level: 6

STARTED WATCHING THIS SHOW THIS SEASON, HAVE A FEW QUESTIONS BOUT SEASON 1 CAN SOMEONE HELP ME OUT I WOULD REALLY APPRECIATE IT. 1. IS RAY A COP? 2. DID PENN KILL HER DAUGHTER? 3. DID SADIE GET RAPED BY RAY? 4. WHAT WAS HIS PARTNERS NAME THAT GOT KILLED. 5. IS THIS SHOW CANADIAN? 6. IF ANY OF THESE QUESTIONS HAVEN'T BEEN ANSWERED YET FROM SEASON 1?

REALLY LIKE THIS SHOW.

You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

Synetech

[2]Aug 18, 2009
    • level: 22

Hi, I hope you do enjoy this show because it certainly is a good one.

It would be ideal if you could watch the first season first since this show is a serial, and season two is a continuation of season one. I’ll take a look around to see if season one is available for viewing online or if a network here in Ontario will be airing it soon. (You’re watching it on Movie Network? Global ran season one soon after Movie Network did last year, and again just before season two aired.)

(1) No, Ray is not a cop; he is (or at least was) in hardware. He owned a store which sold tubs, toilets, doors, etc.

(2) Whether or not Pen killed her daughter is the mystery of season two.

(3) No, at least not that we were shown last season.

(4) Who’s partner that got killed?

(5) Yes, it is Canadian. I grew up in Canada and have not liked much of the domestic programming. However I have been quite impressed with Durham County and Corner Gas.

(6) Not really. The only question that you asked that is linked a lot to last season is whether or not Ray raped Sadie.

peak_a_bu

[3]Aug 23, 2009
    • level: 6
    THANK YOU SO MUCH THAT REALLY CLEARED EVERYTHING I'M ALSO CANADIAN. I WAS UNDER THE IMPRESION THAT MIKE HAD A PARTNER THAT WAS A SIGNIFICANT CHARACTER.
    Edited on 08/23/2009 12:10pm

KingofIPirates

[4]Sep 11, 2009
    • level: 32
    Huh, didn't realize this show has been going on for two seasons now. Just recently saw it on Ion television.

SarahLynnMcDer

[5]Sep 22, 2009
    • level: 1
    Same here, King. tried going to the website to get alittle background on story and charecters, but didn't get much. I am from Michigan, caught it on ION, anyone know how/where I can view Season 1? I wonder if maybe it is at the video stores??

janet1117

[6]Sep 24, 2009
    On this site there is an episode guide, if you click on that it will bring up the Season 2 lists, but right next to the two is a 1 and you can get a little blurb on the last seasons shows. I just discovered this show myself and love it!

Synetech

[7]Sep 24, 2009
    The reason that you guys only now noticed it is because it is a Canadian show that just got brought to the USA.

KingofIPirates

[8]Oct 5, 2009
    • level: 32
    That explains it, thanks for the info.

breedvan

[9]Oct 13, 2009

I think this show was originally from 2007. Not sure why it is on now, but very happy, because I think it is GREAT and I love Hugh Dillion.

No Ray is not a cop. He just grew up with Mike and is jealous of everything he has and wants to take it away from him. Last night was the last show and I believe and hope! it will be brought back in January.

breedvan

[10]Oct 13, 2009
    Oh, so the Candians, got lucky and have been watching it and we here in the USA got cheated! Poop! Well I am happy that we now get to enjoy it too!!! Thanks.

GJTee

[11]Oct 13, 2009
    I had this set to record on ION TV and my husband cancelled the recording of the 2nd episode. I was SO NOT HAPPY!! So I went online to watch it on the ION website..... UGH!!! no luck, so I did a search and found both Season 1 and Season 2.

Now I have them on my computer and just finished watching season 2.....OMG... what a cliff hanger!! Can't wait till Season 3 becomes available.

Great show, can't imagine how season 3 can top season 2.

ailan2000

[12]Oct 18, 2009
    Sarah, I'm in L.A., and also saw the series on ION. It just ended last week. And what I saw was Season 1, at least according to the episode descriptions. An announcement came at the end of the last episode saying that Season 2 would air (in the U.S.) this January. I also thought the series was terrific and can't wait for the next installments.

Synetech

[13]Aug 14, 2010
    breedvan wrote:
    Oh, so the Candians, got lucky and have been watching it and we here in the USA got cheated! Poop! Well I am happy that we now get to enjoy it too!!! Thanks.

Hey, you know how many American shows come to Canada many months late? We usually get mainstream shows at the same time give or take a day or two, but specialty-channel shows like those on SyFy, Disney Channel, etc. we get anywhere from a week to six months later.

Occasionally we end up airing some shows early due to one of two reasons:

(1) the Canadian network airs it a day or two early in order to put some other show (from a different American network) in that timeslot (eg A-Channel aired Gossip Girl on Sundays for a while so that they could air something from NBC on Monday)

(2) the American channel takes a mid-season break but the Canadian affiliate does not (eg the Movie Network (a "premium", pay channel) aired Stargate Atlantis episodes continuously even though Sci-Fi took a few months off in the winter

So don't feel bad, we have it worse than you.