Dynasty

The Vendetta

Aired Monday 10:00 PM May 21, 1986 on ABC

• One of the best episodes of the series.

Many shows hit ruts later on the in the series and in the beginning of season 6 it looked like the show had. It was not until the middle of season 6 when the show found its footing again. This season finale had many of the things that made Dynasty one of the best shows of all time. It had the cats fights and the man fights, the b*tch slaps and the lies and most of all the great cliffhangers. The episode was great and I look forward to next season. Let me just say that the look on Alexis face at the end of the episode was priceless
  • The best episode & cliff hanger ever !!

What an exciting moment when the enraged Blake chokes Alexis and the helpless Krystle is being held by Ben, unable to help her husband !

Back in the 80's when Dynasty was aired in Israel, we had only one public channel: no cables, satellite or commercial TV (Lame, I know...).

The CEO of the Israeli Broadcast Authority had the audacity to cancel the broadcast of the series after this episode was aired, claiming that Dynasty was a of poor quality and it is unfit for Israeli television.

That decision created a media turmoil, with headlines in all the major newspapers, demonstrations against it, and even petitions to the supreme court, saying it's an undemocratic act. The entire Israeli nation was on edge, and all thanks to the Carringtons.

After a month or so the desicion was reversed, and the Israeli audience got his fix of the most watchable show on TV.

The day & Alexis were saved.

That incident was one of the major factors that led to new legislation, to the establishment of the first commercial channel, and to a new era of television in Israel.