e-Talk Daily Forums

Weekdays 7:00 PM on CTVIn Season

Making submissions to the show

miffster

[1]Feb 6, 2008
    • level: 28
    If you want to submit guest stars, that's fine but before you do, please make sure that the interview segment is original to that episode, and not archive footage; a guest star should not be credited for an appearance in archive footage.

If you are editor for a person (let's say, Emma Watson) and want to add that person to the cast list, please add ~everyone else~ who was in the interview too. If your person isn't listed, my guess is that ~no one~ is listed. So, if they're interviewing the cast of, say, one of the Harry Potter movies, and they interview Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson, Rupert Grint and Alan Rickman, and the interview is done by Ben Mulroney. Please add ALL of those people (Daniel, Rupert, Emma, Alan and Ben as regular cast), not just the one person (Emma) that you're interested in.

Often, what they do on this show is they interview a star/stars and then cut the interview up. So they interview Russell Crowe for five minutes, and then cut it up and show it in bits over the course of a week. Assuming that they are showing different bits (ie: five questions and each day they show a different question and response), then each one gets credited as an appearance for Russell Crowe. But... if, later on, that movie gets nominated for some award, and they re-show one or more of the clips, then that's what is called 'archive footage' and Russell Crowe should ~not~ be credited as having an appearance on that episode.

The tv.com system used to automatically designate people as 'recurring' on their sixth appearance. This means that there are actually quite a few stars here with 'recurring' status in the e-Talk listings. They should NOT have this status. I will be making efforts to remove that designation, as I do not believe that the recurring designation was ever intended for infotainment shows like this.

Using the Russell Crowe example, let's say that he has five appearances for Gladiator, and then five more for Cinderella Man, that gives him 10 appearances, but he's NOT a recurring star. He should be listed as simply a guest star for all appearances.

There may be some who really do deserve the recurring role, but they would most likely be occasional guest hosts. Recently, they've had Tim Rozon doing "Special Correspondent" duties while Sophie Gregoire-Trudeau was on maternity leave; he would be listed as recurring for those appearances only. If he's being interviewed for the new season of Instant Star, then he's back to guest star listings.

Edit to add: Also, assuming the footage is original, but the star in question doesn't talk, then that star should not be credited. For example: Imagine e-Talk is on the red carpet for the Oscars; Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie are walking by, and get asked a question; they stop to answer. If the both answer (ie: they both speak), then they both get credited for the episode. If only Brad speaks, and Angelina just stands there and smiles, but says nothing, then Brad Pitt would be credited as a guest star for that episode, but Angelina Jolie would not. end edit

I hope this is clear, and if you have any questions, send me a PM and ask.
    Edited on 02/12/2008 10:09pm
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

miffster

[2]Aug 23, 2008
    • level: 28
    Another thing to add: adding a new episode: tv.com rules state that in order to add a new episode, you ~must~ have two of the following three things:
    1. Episode name,
    2. Episode air date,
    3. Episode summary.

Since the episode name for this show is the same as the episode air date, I require that you have ALL THREE items, and that the summary is original for that episode.
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.