Earth 2

The Man Who Fell to Earth (Two)

Aired Sunday 8:00 PM Nov 13, 1994 on NBC

• The Man Who Fell Out Of A Pantomime.

Tim Curry infiltrates the colonists posing as a marooned astronaut. Tim Curry is just as annoying as I expected, it's hard to believe the kids would be fooled by his persona, nevermind the adults. His cackling on the back of the truck was almost the last straw for show. They could have given his character some ambiguity - is he an astronaut or not? - but they blow any kind of mystery by showing him and the Grendlers at the beginning. The fact that the Captain was still alive was interesting, but I thought made killing him off a bit of a cheap shot to only bring him back to life. I first thought that the writers were going back on one of the more interesting moments of the pilot. Then hilariously they kill him back off again in the same episode! Maybe they'll keep bringing him back to life each week like Kenny in South Park. Oddly he came back to life with a bad attitude - if this had been a side effect of the sting then it might have been good. In the end it was left unexplained as Morgan wasn't similarly affected.

As a bonus we get a very trite narration from Engineer Dad and lots of hand wringing by Concerned Mom about how her kid is running around too much. Snore.