Eastwick

Madams and Madames

Aired Wednesday 10:00 PM Oct 07, 2009 on ABC

7.9
  • Meow indeed

Let me just say Lindsay Price is a fox. This recent episode was a particular treat because we got to see her in her underwear! Yes! In fact, the entire episode was overtly sexual, with makeout sessions on desks, sex in pools, 4 rounds with Kyle XY, a smashing red dress, and the said, skin tight 'catwoman' outfit. Meow indeed! But let's not forget about the Brothel and pastor scandal, which may have been an even better title for this episode than Madams and Madames (What is this, Freaks and Geeks?). When sneaking around to dig up more dirt on Van Horne, Joanna stumbles across the town pastor and his late night indiscretions. She may not have found the story she was looking for, but she found a juicy story nonetheless, and Joanna's front-page excitement the next morning was infectious. Lindsay Price is really standing out as a highlight of this show. Her excursions with partner-in-crime Penny are so much fun!

Sandly, Kat isn't quite having the same luck with her husband, and it's a shame because things were looking promising. I think it really shows that Kat and Ray were old high school misfits/sweethearts, and Jamie Ray and Jon Bernthal have such great chemistry. The shift in tone from pleasant to arguing within that one scene is expertly played by both actors. I loved the affect Kat had on the temperature of the pool (based on mood), and the freezing over effects were pretty cool. I don't so much mind the back-and-forth, on-again/off-again stuff with Ray, but I think after this, it's about time he started wondering what's up with his weird wife? Roxie is haunted by the boy she killed. The heart of the story is here, as she questions why she doesn't feel bad about what she did, and her daughter reminds her of the value of life, no matter how crummy the person; a nice counter-point to Daryl's devilish speech about giving in to primal instincts. Ashley might be getting a new love interest in Kyle XY's younger brother, whom I found quite charming.

Not much to say about Van Horne this week. In a weird way, he's kind of like Dallas weather- he just sweeps in and out of scenes. You never really know what he's going to do or say, but for the most part, it's been uneventful. He's still mysterious, and it looks like he (or his man servant) may have been the one to break into J's house. I found it odd that the Johnny depp-lookin dude and the mystery around him and his scar wasn't examined at all this week, but the symbol did show up again on that old lady's death bed.