Eastwick

ABC (ended 2009)

Eastwick Fan Reviews page 2 of 2

• I was surprised on how much this show entertained me.. I can't wait to see the next episodes. I love the look and feel of this series.

What I like most about this show is the warm colours and the great cast. It is very entertaining and has a lot of charme and vision. It is one of those rare series gems that doesn't hurt, that makes you smile and that builds up a funny tension. If not taken too serious, this series is perfect for a night in with a friend, a glass of wine and some romantic thoughts on what would I have wished for.

A well and surprisingly entertaining series that has potential to be as successful as Charmed and as loved as Desperate Housewifes.
  • Bubble, bubble toil and trouble?!

I have to admit that I only watched the show because I was curious to see the resemblance it had to the 80's movie that I loved once. And to be honest I'm quite intigrued by what will unfold - with some apprehension of course.

The main "witch" characters are definitely no Susan Sarandon, Cher, Michelle Pfeiffer or Jack Nicholson but I am getting used to Paul Gross as Daryl (added plus is he's Canadian!). He is no Jack but he'll do as the male muse/catalyst that guides the women to their full potential with motives of his own.

The interaction between the characters are the best part of the show, especially because the dialogue is as comical and witty as the movie and they each pull off their respective personalities well. Honourable mention can also go to Rebecca Romjin as the milf with a heart and Sara LaRue who is awesome as the sidekick!
  • Plaesantly surprised

While I've never been a huge fan of The Witches of Eastwick novel [written by John Updike] I am an immense lover of the 1987 film adaptation. The show, Eastwick, (thankfully) borrows heavily from the film version about three magical women and a man who may or may not be the Devil.

Rebecca Romijin's Roxie is a feisty alternate for Cher's Alex (as are Lindsay Price's Joanne & Jamie Ray Newman's Kat, for Jane & Sukie respectively), but the show benefits most with Paul Gross who takes the character of Darryl Van Horne to new heights. If Jack Nicholson was a darkly funny version, then Gross' is the undeniably sexy counterpart. He makes you feel the evil that sits just under the surface as he plots, manipulates, and effectively seduces the three women, and/or one or two viewers, for his own pleasures {sexual or otherwise}.

I really hope people give this show a chance. Its funny, sexy, and daring [what other show on the big networks would have two characters discussing the name of one's vibrator?]. With 11 more episodes to go, its up to the viewing public whether or not this show disappears or is able to create real magic.
1 2 >