Easy Money

Sub-Prime

Aired Sunday 9:00 PM Oct 12, 2008 on The CW

7.1
  • I really wanted to like this show but i'm really torn with terrible character development or likability for that matter.

I was eagerly awaiting this series to begin in hopes of seeing a family whom had risen to the top while conducting shady business practices. Only to be let down with a very poorly thought out series.

The one good thing about the show is it's family first values, but we're also treated to a very sub-par Dog the Bounty Hunter styling show. Let me explain this a bit.

The now understood true biological brother and sister (Cooper, & Brandy) follow in the footsteps of their very simple minded relatives whose character developments (to put lightly)are that of idiots. There is in no way for an audience viewer to really want or grow any sort of attachment of likability for any character due to their blundering ways. One way to express the characters unlikable qualities is that of Cooper, whom supposedly is a "computer genious" but can't follow or seem to remember such simple tasks as shredding paper with personal client information. This along with the sisters non-stop ranting or 80's style hairdo shows just how simple minded the writers want to portray the family, in order to really force the fact that Stanley (the adopted brother) can't be from this family because "look he is so much smarter/different than the others".

I really want to enjoy this series because i'm honestly a huge fan of Laurie Metcalf's, so here's hoping either the writing or some likable qualities are built up SOON for this new televised family.