Ed, Edd n Eddy

Cool Hand Ed

Aired Friday 8:00 PM Mar 31, 2006 on Cartoon Network

• It's like heaven in one sitting!

I don't know about you, but I felt that "Cool Hand Ed" was a bit short. Oh well, I'm sure it's just my subconscious telling me something. I give "Cool Hand Ed" 8.5/10. After all, I'd be lying if I said it was the best episode ever. Unfortunately, I felt that the episode had just a body, no introduction, and a small conclusion. The episode starts out how Eddy wants to break out and gives a plan to break out. Then, for mainly the episode, it showed everyone collecting items to make the aircraft and showed it's results. In my opinion, it lacked the basis of what any other episode would be.
    But that doesn't mean that the episode was all bad. The inside of Ed's brain was quite humorous and quite creative. Normally, when I see an episode like this, I usually see a large amount of punishment and scolding. The fact that the end of the episode ends before the punishment, the lack of scolding is a very good thing. We know that they will have a punishment, but we don't see Double-D suffering the most of it like he always does, even when he had the smallest role.
  • Nothing happened...........boring but some parts were funny, I guess.

6.8
    This episode Cool Hand Ed is just nothing happened in there but some parts did and its funny. Eddy were trying to escape at the Peach creek Junior High School, and he told Double-D and Ed what's his plan. But Jonny 2x4 and Plank heard what they were talking about. Also Plank and Johnny 2x4 want to escape too but it's not really funny and some of it was just boring. I like the part when Double-D, Eddy, Ed, Johnny 2x4, and Plank were at the top building of the school while Naz was checking Double-D at the library and she wants to sign for the paper thing that she was holding. That's the time I only laughed and it was funny. Other parts were not funny, nothing happened or boring. Not really a good episode of the Eds so I rated it 6.8(fair).
  • Great filler episode but some parts were boring.

7.1
    I didn't really liked this episode and I agree on Beaker 2000's review it's kind of boring but it's funny not like what he has written. Eddy wants to escape from the school but in the first time he said to Ed and Double-D, they didn't agree but when Jonny 2x4 and Plank heard what they were talking about, Jonny 2x4, Plank, Ed, and Double- D agree with it. That part was kind of funny but when at near the end of the episode they didn't got home early and get escape from the school. That was kind of boring and not funny.

I liked the part when the Eds, Jonny 2x4 and, Plank were seeing and kind of spying on the other kids of what they were doing at lunch so nobody could see how they got escaped. Also the one when Nazz went to the school library and saw Double-D reading and she wanted Double-D to make sign to her paper thing . Nazz saw that it's not really Double-D. That's were the funny parts to me. I guess it's kind of great filler episode because it's funny and some parts were boring.
  • The Eds, as well as Johnny and Plank, plays hooky, while Ed outstages Edd.

"Cool Hand Ed / Too Smart For His Own Ed" is yet another great addition in the fifth season of Ed, Edd n' Eddy, and once again, it has impress me.

In Cool Hand Ed, Eddy has enough of school, and schemes a plan to get out of school before the end of the day. With Edd's brain, he, his pals, as well as Johnny 2x4 and Plank, makes their move as quietly as they can.

In Too Smart For His Own Ed, Edd is outstaged by the unlikely dimwitted Ed, who remarkably, shows a little bit of intelligence. And when Eddy takes advantage of this newfound side of Ed's, it spells disaster and doom for him.

Overall, a 9.2 out of 10.