Ed

NBC (ended 2004)

Ed Fan Reviews (20)

• Ed Stevens was a big time lawyer from New York. Now he's moved back to his hometown of Stuckeyville and opened up his own law firm in the local bowling alley. This show is filled with zany characters that help push the plot along.

5.9
    For the most part this show is pretty dull. The plots were not entertaining and extremely familiar. Ed was sort of a Dawson's Creek for twenty somethings. The character for comedy was Phil Stubbs, played by Michael Ian Black who is hilarious, however the character on the show was annoying and anything but funny. The brightest part of the show was the soundtrack. They often had a good selection of music to set the mood of the show.
  • why does c and the sentake so many day off.

can u tell me why c and the sen. only work two moh out of the year? there get pay $250.000 ayear and do not. hope to hear fromu.
  • Lawyer, bowling alley owner, combine them and you get hilarity.

This show was strong, and it was solid and funny and enjoyable, and family oriented, and and and :) I enjoyed every episode of this, I catch it whenever I can on TV and when I got into it never missed an episode. This show could have gone on for several years, but it made one large mistake, it removed the sexual tension, the will they won't they that drives so many shows for years. The only way they could have gotten it back was if they had turned one of the beloved 2 into a villain, and while they could have done so with Carol, this show was far to classy to sellout just for the sake of getting another season or 2.
  • Very funny Dramatic-Comedy

Ed is a great show to watch. Ed Stevens is a bowling alley lawyer which is funny because what is a bowling alley lawyer. Ed's cases are mostly funny but sometimes they're not at all and that's the dramatic part I think. The funny high school events that happen are the funniest things to happen on the show. It was I think underappreciated.
  • Ed. . .

Ed is pretty much my favorite show because you really can't get any better than this. The cast is great and the stories are funny, romantic, and just plain good. Ed is the kind of guy I look up to; sometimes I'll think to myself and say what would Ed do in this situation? He is inspiring and every character in Stuckeyville is unique in their own way.
    What can I say? I love the show.
  • Ed and Carol are meant for each other, Carol just doesn't know it yet. Ed Stevens visits Stuckeyville for the first time in years, he goes there with the idea of starting a new life, but what gets when he's there was something more than he could ever imag

Great,Great,Great show! Tom Cavanaugh portrays a tough role, but does an excellent acting job. Julie Bolen also does a great job as Carol Vessy also.

I love the whole connection between Ed and Carol their love is so strong, and finally in the end they recognize it and actually do something about it. I love they show. Everybody should watch it, beings everyoe will absolutley love the show, I mean, I do!
  • I have seen many shows, but ed was just amazing!!! I have seem the show many times and it just keeps getting better and better!

I have seen many shows, but ed was just amazing!!! I have seem the show many times and it just keeps getting better and better!i dont know what more to write!! I mean the show is perfect, it's funny, touching, hillarious, i can't get enough of it! I l;ove the time Ed proposes to carol! Its the best episode of all!! I don't know what was it when they wanted a clown wedding, but ok everybody can make a mistake!!! I wish they would keep making he show!! Boo hoo- they wont!!! :( Anyway Its the best show ever!!! bye
  • Ed Stevens, is fired from his job; goes home to find his wife in bed with a mailman; decides to go move back to his home town, Stuckeyville, Ohio; tries to win-over his high school crush by buying a bowling alley, thus becoming the "bowling alley lawyer."

For one magical hour each week I left behind my mediocre life and escaped to a place that was, simply put, a little piece of heaven on earth. I would laugh, cry and reminisce with my best friends in Stuckeyville, Ohio.

To reiterate the show's meaning as stated in the series finale, "Ed" brought together the world of "What Is," and the world of "What Should Be."

Hands down, the absolute best show that has ever been and ever will be. It combined amazing writers, actors, directors, music and feeling. Very well done - and very, very misssed!
  • A charming and hilarious show that got no respect.

Ed is a dramedy about a thirtysomething guy,Ed Stevens,who moves back to his small hometown after he is fired from a big city law firm and his wife cheats on him.He falls for Carol,who does not fall for him in return (at first,anyway).The show follows their complicated relationship as well as all of their friends and family in Stuckeyville.Funny,entertaining,and charming,Ed is one of the best shows I've ever seen.

I admit,I never saw Ed during its original run on NBC.I don't think it was well promoted,but that's no excuse.I should've given it a chance,because it's one of the best shows on TV.Lucky for me,Ed was shown on TBS for a while,every day at 12.I watched it every day,and only got through season 1 and halfway through season 2.So please,please someone bring it back so I can see what happens!
  • This show follows the life of Ed. After a divorce and being fire from his job, he decides to move back home to Stuckeyville. He takes this opportunity to start over again. We get to see him change, grow, learn, impact his community, and fall in love.

I really enjoy this show. I think it’s one of the greatest things on T.V. I also agree that it is very much underappreciated. Not many people have heard of the show or have seen it. This is partly due to the fact that it’s on right smack in the middle of the day from noon to one. I don’t get to watch it too often, being that I am a student. Yet, every time there is a holiday or a day off from school I promptly tune in at noon. I have missed many episodes, but the ones that I have watched have been terrific. It is such a wholesome show that depicts a simple town with amazing people. What keeps me watching are the characters and their relationships. Ed is just such a great guy. He’s a hopeless romantic and one of the kindest people that you’d hope to meet. It is great to see him help others and fall in love. Carol Vessey is an incredible teacher and there is no doubt as to why Ed is so in love with her. I like watching the events that unfold at the school where she works at. Most shows that depict school don’t actually go into the classroom. They show scenes around it like in the halls and such, or maybe students talking in the classroom near the end of the class. Rarely does it show kids in the process of learning and the teachers teaching, like this show does. I think that’s something that’s really great to see. Characters such as Warren Cheswick and Ed’s employees at the Stuckey Bowl are hilarious. They keep me chuckling the whole hour long. They are funny and also sincere. This show is a good one because of these characters and how they have developed into better people. In this show, you can see the growth that every person goes through. You can see the choices that they’ve had to make. You see them learn from their mistakes and move on. This show is terrific because the acting is superb, the stories are well written, and the characters are so lovable. That is why Ed deserves a 10!
  • This show follows the life of Ed. After a divorce and being fired from his job, he decides to move back home to Stuckeyville. He takes this opportunity to start over again. We get to see him change, grow, learn, impact his community, and fall in love.

• Good, but that good.

7.1
    "Ed" was a one-of-a-kind gem: a show that could be quirky, hip, goofy and smart at the same time. "Ed" never failed to be funny, touching, thoughtful or inspirational (sometimes all in the same episode). Maybe it was the premise of a lawyer who set up shop in a bowling alley that he bought, but one could get the impression that some people may have not been interested for that reason. At any rate, the lucky who tuned in were delighted by the antics of the characters, appreciative of the depth and quality of writing, and witness to one of the most charming love stories to ever grace the small screen (or any screen for that matter). It is a pity that more people did not discover it in its initial run. Hopefully it will air again (in syndication or cable) in the US in the near future so that more people can discover this wonderful program.
  • Ed returns to his hometown to pursue his career and his high school sweetheart.

I miss this show. I think everyone knew it was going to end; the plot was pretty well worn out, but nobody wanted it to go. This was a special show. It was light and funny while still being serious enough to be a real show. It had many great concepts: the bowling alley lawyer, the ten dollar bets, the sitting on top of the bowling alley, the suit of armor, the homemade movie, the buying every condom for a hot date, the pies, the schemes from Phil, and Ed's ever-great ideas. It just needs to come out on DVD so I can watch it again.
  • The most underappreciated show ever. A perfect combination of romance (that is not excessively cheesy) and comedy. The story and characters are just flawless. I challenge anyone to watch the show properly and not like it.

The show evolves around the complex relationship of Ed Stevens, a small town lawyer and Carol Vessay, a local high school teacher. It all begins when Ed comes home early from work one day and finds that his wife is sleeping with the mail man and from there decides his life is need of major changes.

So while drinking away his sorrows and looking back through his high school year book, he finds Carol's high school photo and then acting on a whim goes back to his hometown of Stuckville in search of her to ask her out on a date.

With his charm, Ed convinces Carol to go on a date with him if he can bowl a strike with his eyes closed. Ed succeeds and to forever remember the moment, he buys the bowling alley and from then on he becomes known to the locals as "The Bowling Alley Lawyer".

Then throughout the TV show, it shows the many ups and downs of the relationship between the two characters while throwing in the occasional side story showing the lives of the other characters in the show. This is the basic main plot to the show and the show is not mainly a court drama as people might think though for the first two series almost every episode has a court case in it which has some sort of moral story behind it.

The show to me is very unique and I have never seen such a great story that the show has with it's two characters of Ed and Carol. The long running saga of will they or wont they is just perfect and full of obstacles that will keep on always wanting to watch the next episode to see what happens next.

Truely a great show that was underappreciated and did not reach a big enough audience which was probably down to lack of advertising. Again, I challenge anyone to watch the show properly and not like it :)
  • Ten bucks if you read this review!

Actually you won't get any money from me at all, but feel free to try to get the money from the TV.com staff. ;)

Tom Cavanagh is excellent as Ed, first time i saw him was as John "JD" Dorian's brother on Scrubs, i liked him right away, later i started to watch Ed and i was quite surprised how good it was, the show is just fun to watch and quite clever, and although it had serious things going on in the show, they always did it well to not make it to dramatic.

This show is a must see for everyone, i'm sure not everyone will like it, but just watch a few episodes and see if you will like it, if you will then i know you will not be dissapointed.
  • Lawyer, Ed Stevens is fired from his job in New York City. Upset, he burries his sorrows in high school memories. When he comes across an old picture of cheerleader Carol Vesse he heads back to his home town to revisit old memories and get the girl of his

This is a fantastic show. It's not very often a show comes along that touches my heart, but this one made the grade. I love this show because it portays the message that the nice guy can get the girl, and that you can accomplish anything if you really put your mind and heart into it. Thomas Cavanagh is fantastic as Edward Jeremy Stevems, and is joined by a superior cast. He is by far one of the best actors to ever grace the television screen. This show is about romance, relationships, and devotion. It has heart and i gave it a 9.5 rating simply because it deserves nothing less. Even before the time of MUST SEE TV, in my heart this show was and still is a MUST SEE.
  • I loved this show and am sincerely disappointed that it's still not available on DVD.

This show was fantastic and really well put together. Every character was brilliant and the story lines were really effective. I know that it never got very high ratings, but it's still got enough of a niche audience that it should definitely be available on DVD or at least available for download. In this day and age when almost every show on TV is either a trashy reality show or a spin off of a show that started 20 years ago and does the same thing every week, shows like this need to be made readily available to fans of good television.
  • Whey I can't faind it's DVD?

DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD - DVD.

I'm sorry, but my English Languge is not good to write a Review!
  • Ed.

This show is da bomb. It couldn't be any better. Julie Bowen is great. I think that this show should have never been canceled because it is the best show of all time. The stories are fascinating and the acting is superb. This sentence is just quite eight words long.
  • After being fired from his job and finding out his wife has been cheating on him, Ed Stevens moves back to his home of Stuckeyville, buys a bowling alley, which he starts a lawyer's office in, and goes after his first love, Carol Vessey.

Ed was a very underappreciated show by Rob Burnett, former producer of The Late Show With David Letterman. This dramedy is one of the first great shows of this millenium. It was a heart-warming, sweet, random and suprisingly touching show. Ed knew how to combine laughter that would have the viewer grabbing their sides with great drama that would have the same viewer reaching for the tissues. The show was filled with such original characters as Phil Stubbs, played by Michael Ian Black, assistant manager at the Stuckeybowl, the bowling alley/lawfirm, and consistent attention grabber. There was also Warren Chezwick, played by Justin Long, the nervous, nerdy kid who just wanted the popular cheerleader, but was afraid he would never stand out. These are just a few of the outstanding characters. What made this show so great was the stories. No episode seemed like filler, which is more than I can say for most television shows, and each episode was an original idea that you definitely had not seen before, also very difficult to find. With the rise of the success of such Ed stars as Julie Bowen, Michael Ian Black and Justin Long, Ed should hopefully find its way to DVD. Some company like Shout! Factory, who did an amazing job with other underappreciated shows like Freaks & Geeks and Undeclared, would do a great job with this gem. This was a show that did not get the audience it deserved. A beautifully done, well written and acted, fun, sweet and emotional show, that should have had incredible success instead of struggling through four amazing seasons