Eerie, Indiana

NBC (ended 1992)

Eerie, Indiana Fan Reviews (22)

• If only I had live in Eerie, IN when I was growing up

I watched this show, even though I was 40 at the time (but still a kid at heart), and it was simply great. This is the kind of place you wish you lived in and the kind of adventures you wish you had when you were growing up. The cast was about perfect and the various episodes were good to great. I remember growing up and reading the Mad Scientist Club book and loving it and this was like an extension of it. I loved the classic Universal monster movies when I was growing up (still do in fact) and this was like an extension of that but with both seriousness and humor thrown in. I have the DVD set and myself and my wife watched the entire season after we got it and she enjoyed it greatly as well. I was sad when they decided it would only run one season. This is the kind of show, scary but good hearted and funny, that kids should grow up with these days. Not the cynical and often very naughty shows so many watch.
  • I love this show!

I love this show! I caught it long after it was off the air - the casting is perfect - I love the ideas for each show - what it suggests - it really sparks the imagination. Omri Katz is great, as well as the rest of the cast - it appears the guest stars had a blast doing their roles - Ray Walston, John Astin, etc -
  • they should bring it back

I used to watch this on channel 4 at 6.30pm most week nights. it was X-files meets the brady bunch. Marshal Teller and his family move to Indiana where things are a little "strange" he encounters mummies, u.f.o's and lots, lots more. Episodes comprise of comedy, horror (for kids) and for me 2 episodes pull on your heart strings (ATM with the heart of gold, & heart on a chain. each for the supporting characters involved. one a robot the other a girl in need of a heart transplant. if you haven't already then watch thi show- it comes highly recommended. i have no idea why it ever finished so early in its prime and later on it even got a spin off series!
  • Eerie, Indiana was a very cool show that found its audience too late.

The main character, Marshall Teller (Omri Katz) moved with his family from New Jersey to Eerie, Indiana to live a “normal” life. Marshall soon finds out that Eerie, far from being normal, is the center of weirdness of the entire universe. The stories were told with an X-Files type of seriousness, but were filled with humor and pop culture references. In one of my favorite episodes, The Lost Hour, Marshall sets his watch back an hour in the fall even though the state of Indiana didn’t change their clocks. He wakes up the next morning in an alternate universe where only a few people are in Eerie including a girl who had gone missing exactly one year before. Hmmmm. The show became more popular in reruns than it had been when it first aired. There is a DVD set of the complete series, but it doesn’t have any extras.
  • They turn the most normal things into something creepy...

I love this show. I use to watch it when I was a younger until they cancelled it. Actually, when I watched it, the show was already cancelled... It was on re-runs.

Anyways, this was one of my most favorite shows while growing up.

They take normal things like tubberware (Forever Ware), retainers, ATM machines and somehow make them eerie... (No pun intended.)

This was a show before it's time. If this show had come out a few years later, it probably would have lastest a couple of seasons more.

Omri Katz was sort of cute when he was younger. Man, I miss this show... I forgot how awesome it was.
  • Small town filled with the strangest things.

This show is amazing! How come everytime a very good show comes out it only lasts for a season?! That's what happenned to Eerie, Indiana. What i liked the most was the feeling you would get when watching the show, the sensation of being ina another world where anything imaginable might happen. The stories were so out of this world and well filmed too, with weird camera angles and shots all the time. A show that can give me this kind of magical feeling has to be very good and well produced. SOme people might find it a little childish but it had its dark moments too.
  • An amazing show.

I remember watching this when I was 4. But I couldnt remeber alot, I remebered the tubber wear episode. So I got the DVD collection so I could watch all the episodes I forgot. and I was mad to find they only made about 13 episodes. After I watched all 13 episodes on the DVDs I was so sad, cause I wanted to watch more episodes. I love this show, I watch it from time to time, and it always makes me feel like im back in the 90's. They should remake this show, even if they will obviously be using a new cast. That would be so great.
  • this is a good show

this was a really awesome show it was the kinda thing i wanted to see moe of the i found buffy thank god but i do highly miss thisd show i just fealt likre makeing one long run on sentence what do ya think ,my favrateepisode was the one with the tupper ware and the twins i hope the bring this show back someday
  • brilliantly funny show, delightful fun for all the family

I saw this when I was a kid and I loved it then, now it's a good show to watch with my own family. The scripts are intelligently written and there's lots of hidden visual jokes that you always find something new each time you watch it. My favourite ones are the ones with Dash X in it. He's such a funny character and he adds some mystery and mischief to the series in equal parts. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
  • This show was awesome!

Bringing this show would make my life. Too bad everyone's grown up.This show should not have been cancelled. The show had humor, mystery, suspense, and hidden things, like the whole last episode. The show was very interesting and had a lot of weird stuff in it, which made it even better. The DVD is awesome and can be watched over and over again. Each episode was great, but wish the series had a better ending. The series was cancelled and never had a proper ending. if it did, it could only have improved it. Wish the show could have lasted longer, maybe it was ahead of its time.....
  • A childhood favourite!!!!

It's been so long I barely remember the show until I ran into it here at tv.com! I was about 10 years old when I watched it, every sunday, with my dad, right after lunch (brazilian tv). It was one of the few things we did together when I was growing up: We watched X files together saturday nights and Eerie Indiana on sundays afternoons!!!!

There was one particular episodethat stayed in the back of my mind every single day all these years. I don't know the name of the episode, but I remember it was about a girl Marshall liked getting a heart transplant and acquiring traces of the donner's personality - it ended with her skateboarding!

One of my most vivid childhood memories!
  • Weird things happpen in small towns...

I can't believe this show didn't last longer than it did. I think that for its time people didn't know what to do with it. It was such a funny/dramatic/weird show that nobody knew what to call it. I know that at my house no one would EVER even THINK of missing an episode. My personal favorite was the one about the forever wear. My mom was always into the tupperwear and this episode gave me nightmares. I loved it! I would love to see some of this kind of smart television on for kids. Weird enough that they can snjoy it and not tune in to southpark and other age inappropriate shows. This was a safe, funny and very weird show.
  • Smart!

There is NO WAY kids could appreciate how smart this show was! No, the plots themselves are somewhat hokey, I'm referring to the clever dialogue and visual references and in jokes!

Item: On at least two occasions, lovesick young men haplessly wander into the path of the Eerie milk truck and are killed.

Item: In Forever Ware, there are frequent inplications in the dialogue that the perfect tupperware products cost thousands of dollars ("...and if a new car is more important to him than everlasting freshness...")

Item: The entire Delorean shtick in "Reality Takes a Holiday".

The DVD set for this show is so cheap. So cheap! Buy it!
  • Once you jumped in the band wagon you were hook and kept asking for more.

Once you jumped in the band wagon you were hook and kept asking for more.
    Many of you don't really remember this show, heck I barley remember it, but what I do remember from it is that it was ahead of its time. The crime solving and all the twist and turns kept you guessing about what in the world was going on. Once you jumped in the band wagon you were hook and kept asking for more. I love this show, if you are interested the DVD's are available for purchase, but there are no extra material. Still a must own for all those fans of the show. This show is also great for young kids, I know I enjoyed it when I was a kid and I’m hoping my future kids will enjoy it as well.

• The best serie ever, just losing for X-Files. . .

I really loved this show, one of my favorite ones, i liked their funny, creep and mystirious way to tell tales / stories.

At this time, there was't many shows like this one, whith make it even better, the fist time i saw i couldnt take my eyes off, because, like the The Twilight Zone, only imagination is the limit for what could happen.

I think only X-Files was good as this one, i was really sad when its over, because was a really good serie, but when they made the 2nd version, i think that it lost some of its magic.
  • This quirky show deserved more credit.

"Eerie Indiana" revolves around a young boy named Marshall Teller, who movies to the town of Eerie because of his father's job. After realizing how bizarre the town is, he and his friend Simon begin to investigate and keep evidence of it. From housewives who store themselves in lifesize tupperware to prevent aging to life turning into a television show, weird things are normal in this town.

"Eerie, Indiana" is definitely a different kind of TV show. It was critically loved and acclaimed, and sparked a lot of attention when it first came out. The show was designed to attract young kids to primetime television while appealing to adults as well, and aired Sunday nights on NBC in 1991. The show is a comedy, but a purposefully campy one. Despite the ridiculous scenarios the kids are faced with, they always deal with them with dead seriousness. "E, I" is a fun show to watch, and despite the fact that it's not as compelling as say, "The X-Files", you won't likely forget it.
  • great scifi kids show

Eerie, Indiana is about thirteen-year-old Marshall Teller (Omri Katz), who has been uprooted from his beloved home town in New Jersey to Eerie, Indiana, which seems at first to be the most normal place in the world. But Marshall soon discovers that there's more to Eerie than meets the eye.The only person that believes him is his new friend, ten-year-old Simon Holmes (Justin Shenkarow). Together they decide to investigate Eerie's weirdness and keep record of it, in hopes to one day show the world.
    BothOmri katz and Justin are great actors and i think they deserve some better and greater roleson tv shows.
  • Kind of X-Files Jr.

7.2
    “Eerie Indiana” is a show about a kid whose family moves to a small town that is a magnet for all things strange. Marshal (Omri Katz) is the boy who didn’t want to be there in the first place, but starts collecting evidence of the weird, whacky and unusual.

Omri Katz does a good job carrying the show and there are early appearances of a lot of people who went on to be quite famous. Tobey McGuire and Nikki Cox ore some of the young folks you might recognize.

Overall, it is surprisingly well written and should be watched by the whole family because the humor is strong enough that all age groups will get something.
  • A great show in its time, and still fun to watch today.

I remember watching this show when it first aired on NBC. And I was sad to see it go. It had such promise as well as a great premise. It was like a Night Gallery for kids.

Eerie, Indiana, Center of Weirdness, USA, the description couldn't be more apt. With plot devices that ranged from Tupperware that could keep humans young forever to ghosts, werewolves, and even some TV-related weirdness.

Every episode delivers a bit of humor, mixed in with issues that teen's face. From the perspective of Marshall Teller, teen paranormal investigator and protagonist of the show. Along with his trusted associate, Simon, who isn't always up to speed with what's going on, the two manage to solve everything they come across. Sometimes in the most imaginative of ways.
  • A strange childhood envisioned.

I remember this show fondly. It was one of my favorite shows growing up despite having seen it only a handful of times. However, that handful was enough to get me hooked for life. Upon watching it again, it is almost as great as I had remembered it. It has aged pretty well. It reminds me of all those strange Canadian shows that Nickelodeon and the SciFi Channel used to show. It embodies the one off mentality that causes cult favorites to elevate above the chaff of most other shows. It's like if The Twilight Zone was made for kids and all the crazy stuff that happens, happens to the same two kids every week.
  • Way ahead of its time it was underapriciated so why dont you bring it Back!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

As sad as I was to see this excellent quirky show end, I was blown away by the final episode. In "Reality Takes a Holiday" Marshall (Omri Katz) suddenly finds himself on a t.v. sound stage and his family starts calling him Omri saying that they are all characters on a show called "Eerie, Indiana. He finds a script which has everything he does magically appear seconds after the fact. He then finds out that he is being written out of the series and will be killed. Many of the crew have cameos in this episode and it is a fitting finale to one of my favorite modern shows. I think that it was just too weird for most people to handle.
  • Great Kids TV

Eerie Indiana is a fantastic show that truly was ahead of its time and was a trendsetter for future kids TV.

It was intriguing as each episode was filled with a different "eerie" mystery being investigated by Marshall and his younger pal Simon. However, it had an underlying quirky humor that made the show enjoyable for not only kids, but adults as well.

If you enjoyed the show growing up, it's definitely worth checking out on DVD. I even still quote it on a weekly basis, even if no one else knows what in the world I'm talking about.