Ego Trip's (White) Rapper Show

Episode 8

Aired Monday 10:30 PM Feb 26, 2007 on VH1

6.6
  • Episode 8, merely ended the 8 episode run of the white rapper show. Delivering the final emcee battle of two unpredictable candidates. Better yet, leaving us wondering if there will ever be a 2nd season or another show like it.

Episode 8 of the White Rapper Show concluded the great egotrip social experiment. The truth is, the white rapper show, in the end felt like the camera was really on us the viewer. As episode 1 began most of the audience couldn't figure out if this was Serch (white rapper legend, who is the host) pretending to be the latest spin off of Borat, playing urban jokes on a bunch of eager, disillusioned white kids. The show seemed as much to be about our perception of race as it did about white rappers. The final battle, in epoisode 8, of Two emcees- Shamrock, and John Brown, left me hoping that someone picks up the show for another season. It(the season) came together very nicely. From hip hop history (for the non hip hop hipsters) to plenty of cameos, and setup spoofs to play with our preconceptions of race and roles in American society, during the entire season. Serch left them both with hugs and positive sentiment, after returning from "White Rapper Mecca" Detroit, Michigan. The heartfelt energy from the egotrip family was concluded with yearning for T.V to wake up and get a show like this! Its simple, not contrived, and doesn't need shock, and suspense with ticking clocks or mutant characters or Sorkin twisted plots to carry you through. IT is a good ol role reversal reality show (Would of been ultra Ironic if BET had it)! Summed up with white kid winning 100K, saying something to the effect of "believe in yourself and others will believe in you too." Who needs Jack Bauer when you got a white rapper named Shamrock ?