Bogus

Kofithedon

[1]Feb 26, 2007
    • level: 3
    John Brown won that competition... His 16 was way better than Sham's  and his song showed more mastrey. 

The results of this show reflect everything that is wrong with Hip Hop today.

Artists are getting respect for putting out trashy records that dont say anything while lyricalists that represent real authentc Hip Hop are getting Shat on
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

bhattipimpin88

[2]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 30
    I agree, JB did better and should have won.

donmisc

[3]Feb 27, 2007
    • level: 1

I feel you all, JB, even though I didn't care for him, beat $hamrock out lyrically.  However, being an MC (emcee) means being a master of ceremony and controling the crowd and is more than having lyrical skill.  There are many underground emcees out there that have tight lyrics, but haven't made it because their lyrics alone will not hold up.  (Obviously, Persia and Sullee were better lyrically than $ham or JB, but they didn't make it that far.  Should we "x" sham & jb for that reason. I don't think so).

It even makes sense for $ham to have lost lyrically, but not overall.  More people could relate to music because they didn't have to know about the burbs'(lol - come on... "CAR WARs??") to be involved.  They may not have know about life in ATL either, but $ham spit so fast and keep the crowd pumped that they didn't have to know about his hood.

Furthermore, the South has a different style of music.  Rather than focusing on lyrics, they rap about their unique environment/culture and use tight beats and style of flow.  Most people dance in clubs and bob their heads to the south's songs, but at the same time, most people can admit there's not one Dirty South Rapper that could really rip someone from up north lyrically...not one!

So all in all, I'm cool with $ham winning and felt that it was warranted.

Edited on 02/27/2007 7:14am
    Edited 2 total times.

BabyG1989

[4]Feb 28, 2007
    • level: 8
    donmisc wrote:

I feel you all, JB, even though I didn't care for him, beat $hamrock out lyrically.  However, being an MC (emcee) means being a master of ceremony and controling the crowd and is more than having lyrical skill.  There are many underground emcees out there that have tight lyrics, but haven't made it because their lyrics alone will not hold up.  (Obviously, Persia and Sullee were better lyrically than $ham or JB, but they didn't make it that far.  Should we "x" sham & jb for that reason. I don't think so).

It even makes sense for $ham to have lost lyrically, but not overall.  More people could relate to music because they didn't have to know about the burbs'(lol - come on... "CAR WARs??") to be involved.  They may not have know about life in ATL either, but $ham spit so fast and keep the crowd pumped that they didn't have to know about his hood.

Furthermore, the South has a different style of music.  Rather than focusing on lyrics, they rap about their unique environment/culture and use tight beats and style of flow.  Most people dance in clubs and bob their heads to the south's songs, but at the same time, most people can admit there's not one Dirty South Rapper that could really rip someone from up north lyrically...not one!

So all in all, I'm cool with $ham winning and felt that it was warranted.

I'm don't want to star a flame war or anything but I think T.I. could rip some of them. You do make some good points though we do it real different in the south.

stgiavanni

[5]Mar 7, 2007
    • level: 3
    T.I and Lil Wayne could rip alot of them fools in New York or anywhere else for that matter.