Eight is Enough Forums

ABC (ended 1981)

Eight is enough

dude6363

[1]Aug 16, 2006
    • level: 60
    Was eight really enough kids? What do you think?
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

SabotFox

[2]Aug 19, 2006
    • level: 42
    I can't seem to imagine having this many kids. I've got one right now, and she's more than a handful for me. With today's economy, trying to put that many kids through school and college and everything else would just be a little too difficult. Shows like this and 7th Heaven astound me, because they seem to be able to support these huge families with middle-class jobs. (Although I have to admit the Bradford kids held down a lot more jobs than the Camdens.)

dude6363

[3]Aug 24, 2006
    • level: 60
    I totally agree!

theotherlondon

[4]Jul 23, 2007
    • level: 1
    Sadly there are now only seven The person who played Mary passed away a few years ago.

justlooking07

[5]Sep 2, 2007
    • level: 1

I was the extras casting director on the two parter shot in San Diego, You Wont' Have Nicholas to Kick Around Anymore.

My mother, who is now 96, was visiting me and I put her to work as an extra. When they learned this, they gave her some close ups. I'd love to have a copy of this to hand down to my children and grand children.

I've found conflicting episode numbers but it was in Season 3, episode 13, aired on Nov. 29, 1978. If anyone can find a copy or direct me to an online download, please email me at bellestarr99@yahoo.com. Thank you.

tvking1

[6]Sep 10, 2007
    theotherlondon wrote:
    Sadly there are now only seven The person who played Mary passed away a few years ago.
    How sad that she died so young at 46, I think. She had been having health issues, and had developed a dependency on prescription drugs, which may have contributed to her death. It's worth mentioning that she was the younger sister of Don Grady, Robbie on My Three Sons. Their real name was Agrati.

tvking1

[7]Sep 10, 2007
    justlooking07 wrote:

I was the extras casting director on the two parter shot in San Diego, You Wont' Have Nicholas to Kick Around Anymore.

My mother, who is now 96, was visiting me and I put her to work as an extra. When they learned this, they gave her some close ups. I'd love to have a copy of this to hand down to my children and grand children.

I've found conflicting episode numbers but it was in Season 3, episode 13, aired on Nov. 29, 1978. If anyone can find a copy or direct me to an online download, please email me at bellestarr99@yahoo.com. Thank you.

Try this: http://dvddonkey.com/movie/drama/Eight_Is_Enough.html. I've never done business with them before so I can't vouch for the quality or anything, but it's worth examining if you want this episode on DVD. You might also vote for it on www.tvshowsondvd.com, or on Amazon.

mp34mp

[8]May 1, 2008
    • level: 16
    SabotFox wrote:
    I can't seem to imagine having this many kids. I've got one right now, and she's more than a handful for me. With today's economy, trying to put that many kids through school and college and everything else would just be a little too difficult. Shows like this and 7th Heaven astound me, because they seem to be able to support these huge families with middle-class jobs. (Although I have to admit the Bradford kids held down a lot more jobs than the Camdens.)

8 kids was way too many. I don't know how old man Bradford could afford to feed 7 kids in his house, especially during the late 70s during an oil crisis. Of course, they're all paper thin so there wasn't much food in the house. And of course, it's completely unrealistic and fake.