Elementary

A Landmark Story

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM May 02, 2013 on CBS

• Death by painful plotting.

3.5
    So once again Sherlock fails to save a live of a man who is in the same room as him. By now I really wonder about these plots and the path of least resistance they take.

We have a bad man, the flashbacks aren't enough so lets have him kill so the audience get it. But Sherlock is in the room. Maybe he should leave. It's more dramatic if he's in there with the killer. Lets have him call out, that way the death is on the people who arrive too late and not on him.

Finally we have an excuse for Watson to show her medical skill and at last she gets to be competent and Sherlock's equal (or better) at something.

So death by bees.. I was open mouthed that of all the possible cases for a medic alert bracelet and Sherlock picks the correct one. I can see him spotting the bee as a semi excuse but still that was shockingly thin stuff.

The high speed photograph gimmick was fun and I really enjoyed it despite it being very silly but they really sold it well.

I was sorely disappointed that Holmes didn't even attempt to crack the code he was given before running around asking everyone else he knows. It was sloppy writing and I guessed it was so those 2 people got the message but as it turned out it was silly. For the plot to have worked they should have made time a factor and driven Holmes to go looking for shortcuts. What was the worst that M. gives Sherlock the key to the code and yet he doesn't note it for hours. For a sharp mind Sherlock sure i dumb when the writers want him to be.

Line of the episode: "Dildo!"