Elementary

An Unnatural Arrangement

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Oct 31, 2013 on CBS

• myself

doing good
  • Finally a classic Holmes shout-out!

I laughed out loud when I realized that this episode was paying tribute to the famous Holmes bit about "the dog that did not bark", what a brilliant little touch :)
  • Very good!

This was a terrific case that reveals some interesting information about a character that wasn't fully explored to this point.

I do love the way tat the case started out as a home invasion and then turns into artefacts and excavations. That's really fascinating the way it happened.

Overall, a very solid episode! Can't wait for more!
  • elementary

Lucyliu is brilliant as Watson and Johnny lee Miller brilliant as sherlock there rock
  • During an investigation of a botched home invasion in Captain Gregson's home, Holmes and Watson get some insight into Gregson's personal life.

"An Unnatural Arrangement" is the best episode of the season so far in my opinion. I usually don't care for episodes that dwell into the private lives of its characters, but I found this episode to be quite compelling. As I am sure all fans of "Elementary" know the show not only benefits from its terrific lead characters. The excellent supporting is another strong point. Aidan Quinn and Jon Michael Hill are fantastic and both actors are perfectly cast. Seeing Gregson open up to Holmes was something I definitely did not see coming especially after the season one episode where Gregson decked Holmes. That's one of the great things about the show. You never know what's going to happen next. Another highpoint of this episode is something AriSky pointed out. Seeing how Holmes is adjusting in his relationships with Watson and Captain Gregson is a real treat. When the series began it was clear to see that Holmes was struggling with how to relate to and work with other people. I have very much enjoyed seeing Holmes learn how to adjust to the changing circumstances and how he has learned to adapt. The scene where he gives Watson a trunk containing all of his unsolved cases shows that. He obviously realized that solving Watson's case for her was clearly the wrong thing to do and tried to make amends. If you haven't already, make some time to see this excellent episode. You won't be disappointed.
  • Strange Men

I absolutely love how much Sherlock has grown over the past season and a half. This episode really showcased how much he's learned about interpersonal relationships and working with a partner - that he was able to give sound advice to Gregson really served to reveal his character development. And that he was able to make things right with Joan also spoke volumes. This is a great direction for the show, and while it really felt like one of the earlier episodes of Sherlock, still felt very much like Elementary. The only thing was that the case felt weak.
  • Elementary.

This episode gave us an insight into Captain Gregson's personal life, which I didn't know that he was separated from his wife. Sherlock's take on marriage I thought was quite interesting, in parts I tend to agree with him, I'm not the marrying kind, never was, never will be. As for Basken's case that Watson was working on, Holmes had solved the case for Basken. But at the end Sherlock giving Watson all the cold case files that he never solved was a nice touch. Fantastic Episode. Thumbs Up.
  • Oh, I just call them "Not Bell"

This was a great episode, but it was the quips from Sherlock that kept me rolling.

The banter between Holmes and Watson is amazing.
  • A tale of two partnerships

If 60% of all human communication is nonverbal, that percentage increases to 90% between a couple.

Sometimes as clear as the communication between Gregson & his wife, sometimes as messy as the partnership between Sherlock & Joan, but its there: in a tone no person outside the dynamic could understand, a gesture no person outside the dynamic could translate, in the effort each partner puts that no other person would put to make things work.
  • Curious case of the dog in the night anybody?

Another nice episode with some throwback of the original Sherlock Holmes about the dog that didn't bark.

I really like the dialogue of this show and the acting.

• monogamy is dead but partners are very good

so Gregson's story is the centerpiece - buh-bye marriage/ nope Gregson's not giving up even though his wife wants out - but the writer's use that to show the strengthening of Sherlock and Watson's partnership.

Sherlock told Gregson, "I have come to appreciate the premise of partnership. The very smallest gesture can speak

And Joan is getting better every day at picking up the smallest clues - the scene in the Jail was hilarious