Elementary

An Unnatural Arrangement

Aired Sunday 10:00 PM Oct 31, 2013 on CBS

• During an investigation of a botched home invasion in Captain Gregson's home, Holmes and Watson get some insight into Gregson's personal life.

"An Unnatural Arrangement" is the best episode of the season so far in my opinion. I usually don't care for episodes that dwell into the private lives of its characters, but I found this episode to be quite compelling. As I am sure all fans of "Elementary" know the show not only benefits from its terrific lead characters. The excellent supporting is another strong point. Aidan Quinn and Jon Michael Hill are fantastic and both actors are perfectly cast. Seeing Gregson open up to Holmes was something I definitely did not see coming especially after the season one episode where Gregson decked Holmes. That's one of the great things about the show. You never know what's going to happen next. Another highpoint of this episode is something AriSky pointed out. Seeing how Holmes is adjusting in his relationships with Watson and Captain Gregson is a real treat. When the series began it was clear to see that Holmes was struggling with how to relate to and work with other people. I have very much enjoyed seeing Holmes learn how to adjust to the changing circumstances and how he has learned to adapt. The scene where he gives Watson a trunk containing all of his unsolved cases shows that. He obviously realized that solving Watson's case for her was clearly the wrong thing to do and tried to make amends. If you haven't already, make some time to see this excellent episode. You won't be disappointed.