We're moving Forums to the Community pages. Click here for more information and updates.

An Elementary Community
Sunday 10:00 PM on CBS

Hot on the heels of yesterday's news that The Big Bang Theory will be around for three more seasons, CBS has announced a sweeping renewal for most of its lineup. And when I say sweeping, I really mean sweeping! In what is becoming an annual tradition, the network today ordered new seasons of 18 of its shows.

On the drama side, NCIS and its spin-off NCIS: Los Angeles will be back for Season 12 and Season 6, respectively. Person of Interest will be back for Season 3, CSI for Season 15, Hawaii Five-0 for Season 5, Blue Bloods for Season 5, Criminal Minds for Season 10, Elementary for Season 3, and The Good Wife for Season 6. 

On the comedy side, the network wants more of 2 Broke Girls (returning for Season 4), Mike & Molly (returning for Season 5), freshman series Mom and The Millers, and for whatever reason, Two and a Half Men (returning for Season 12). Come on, isn't it about time to set Jon Cryer free, CBS? Isn't it about time we started respecting ourselves?

In non-scripted programing news, CBS has also asked for new cycles of the hit reality shows The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss

Finally, newsmagazines 60 Minutes and 48 Hours will return to make sure we're all at least pretending to pay attention to non-entertainment news.

Between today's mass renewal, yesterday's Big Bang Theory news, and December's Survivor re-up, it's hard to believe that CBS still has any decisions to make, but indeed it does. Shows still awaiting their fates are The Crazy OnesIntelligence, Hostages, and Friends With Better Lives, the last of which premieres later this month after the series finale of How I Met Your Mother.

Which renewal excites you the most? Which of these shows would you like to see die in a fire?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 4/24/2016

Season 4 : Episode 22

Next Episode

TONIGHT AT 10PM

Season 4 : Episode 23

198 Comments
Comments (198)
Submit
Sort: Latest | Popular
May 2014 news.....REALLY????? Where is May 2015 News???????
Flag
Think they meant Person of Interest Season 5...not 3...LOL...we are in season 4
Flag
oops old article (Mar 2014)....but still season 4 renewal...
Flag
wow. I guess there really is someone out there somewhere still watching "Two and a Half Men". Go figure.
Flag
I hope they renew intelligence please.
Flag
TOO BAD.. THEY HAVE CANCELLED IT :(
Flag
I know, I just read it online. I have to say goodbye to the show I've grown to love since the first episode. :(
Flag
I wish yall would give ncis red a chance I really liked it when yall had it with ncis la
Flag
I am very happy about them renewing Ncis:Los Angeles cause its one of my favorite shows :)
Flag

I'm only happy about the renewal of Person of Interest (and 2 Broke Girls).
Flag
I really hoped they would cancel some of these shows so I didn't have to watch them anymore.
Flag
Glad that they have picked up Elementary, Blue Bloods and The Good Wife for another season at least.

Intelligence deserves picking up too.

Hostages on the other hand should be laid to rest.
Flag
Big Bang Theory - umm what if Penny became a successful actress - and get us involved in the episodes of her show where SHE plays a sexy scientist and let the crew critique the content etc. Penny marries Leonard and above all LOVES him and is extremely loyal - but still goofy - she pays back everyone with interest, but keeps her apt. (just upgrades it) because she doesn't think her success will last... OR...you know.
Flag
Elementary and The Good Wife
Flag
CRIMINAL MINDS!
Flag
Intelligence is an awesome show if you people would give it a chance. Its a whole lot better than any of the reality programming out today. So please all of you execs at CBS give it a fighting chance.
Flag
I wish they would bring back intelligence to.i liked that show.im also glad they brought back unforgettable
Flag
I SO agree!
Flag
Kaitlin, I'm so sorry you've missed Season 3 of POI thus far. It's been chock-full of surprises, excellent scripting, superb acting ... you know, the usual ... and then there was this little 3-part story arc called The Endgame. ;D

But yes, that'll be Season 4 next year. Woohoo!

Flag
I gave up on most of CBS' shows years ago including Hawaii 5-0, 2 Broke Girls & Mike and Molly. With HIMYM gone, all I have left is BBT and 2.5 men. Although I think it's time to retire 2.5 men.
Flag
Under the Dome is definitely a concept, but I think it's been poorly executed. Summers are slow so I'll continue watching.
Flag
I think you mean POI will be back for Season 4, not 3.
Flag
ALl I care about on CBS is BBT & 2 Broke Girls which re renewed so I'm happy
Flag
Hurrah for Elementary...
Flag
what about the mentalist
Flag
Please keep Intelligence. Please. If not, then as Gabriel/Sawyer would say... "Sonofabitch!"
Flag
Is it real they will renew Hostages???? The most of the shows are great.... Great news
Flag
tar/csi/ncis/tbbt/h50/ all good news as far i'm concerned.

never watched the rest of em.

now if only they could resurrect the unit and csi new york i'll be so happy :P
Flag
seriously people csi new york was awesome wtf did they cancel it...and renew vegas, i have yet to be be wowed by vegas latest season..
Flag
Most of the dramas I'm happy for, but Person of Interest is the renewal that excites me the most. It's my favorite show. I'm also glad that Big Bang Theory got renewed for THREE MORE SEASONS!!! Wow, that's rare for network tv, but this show deserved it to me. I also like the renewal of 2 Broke Girls. It's not for everybody, but it entertains me, so I'm good.
Flag
They better not cancel Mentalist! As pissed as I am they botched/pulled the 'Red John' ending out of their arses, it is still the best show on CBS.

Flag
And of course Criminal Minds.

Flag
Excellent news! NCIS...Los Angeles!, Elementary, Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-O, Blue Bloods...and CSI, ya...Wait! Mentalist? Mentalist! Where is the Mentalist???
Flag
Pleased that Mom has been renewed, there was no way POI was going to be cancelled unless something goes seriously awry they might as well order season 5 now
Flag
Criminal Minds!!!!!
Flag
Person of Interest will be back for Season 4, as it's currently in Season 3!
Flag
He's right.
Flag
Great news for POI and Elementary!! Love them both.

As for NCIS, I have watched the show since it started 11 years ago and if they don't do something quick to limit or get rid of Bishop I won't be watching anymore nor will I buy the new season DVD.

NCIS-LA is getting boring, seems all they ever do is international terrorism story lines and have their Tony wannabee in the slap stick Deeks character, who for me is just plain annoying.

I also have been watching CSI since it started and even though I don't really care for Shue at least this show has made the transitions well when they lost actors.

Criminal Minds is still good but, all that dark, awful violence gets old after so many years. Yes, I know that is the show and how it is suppose to be, I am just shocked it is still going.

Flag
I'm with you on NCIS, I loved it for years, but for me I noticed it starting to lose something a couple of seasons ago. Initially I was hoping it was just a slump, but it got to the point where I started missing episodes without caring, and I officially stopped watching altogether after the third episode this year.
POI's the only drama I watch faithfully right now, it's story arc stuff is the best TV I've seen in years, and even most of the stand alone episodes are good
Flag
Please don't renew Intelligence. As much as the actors may be eye-candy to those interested in only that factor of a show, the actual program is an insult to my... intelligence.
Flag
No one says that you have to watch it. I like it, as do others.
Flag
Hopefully you won't have to like it for much longer. No one says I have to watch it, indeed, but no one says it has to be as bad as it is, either. There are pretty boys and ladies on the show, that's for sure. Beyond that there is no room for the show given all those out there that are actually good. So, again, no, I don't have to watch it any more than you don't have to comment on a post you don't like -- but you have the right to all the same. Good day to you.
Flag
Indeed, we all have the right to our opinions, likes, and dislikes. I know a lot of my friends love The Walking Dead, I hate that show, but I don't wish it off the air because it gives them pleasure. I just choose not to watch.
Intelligence is no Breaking Bad, but it is still entertaining enough for me to watch.
Flag
And by the way, my apologies if I was a little stand-offish in my initial replies. Was caught in a bad mood... twice. It was a pleasure to speak with you, and just for you I'll cross my fingers that the show goes on. Despite all my objections to it, I still watch it. :)
Flag
And therein lies the rub; you say you don't like The Walking Dead, and that is fine, and can express your opinion. So, why can I not express mine about Intelligence? I don't wish it off the air for any sort of pleasure at all, but just because it is a poorly written show and not all that great of an idea, despite having some class actors. And it is certainly NOT Breaking Bad (the two should never be mentioned in the same sentence... ever). Anyway, like you said, we are all entitled to our own opinions, and if you like the show, all the power to you and to it.
Flag
Really good news for me, so happy. But why 3 more seasons of Big bang? It has really become boring, so repititive
Flag
Person of Interest - Season 4 not 3
Flag
The Good Wife is in the middle of its best season after what as a really good 4th season (okay, the only bad stretch it had was when Kalinda's husband was in the picture).
I don't get to watch that many TV shows but this is one I never miss.
Flag
Good Wife! If only it could be renewed for three more seasons, or five, or ten, or a million.
Flag
what about The Mentalist? I only watch that and POI on CBS. So, yay for Person of Interest!!
Flag
I miss a wholehearted YAY for The Good Wife :P
Flag
"YAY!" for Person of Interest and Elementary... I love these two...
Flag
out of all these renewals, I only care about 2 Broke Girls, Mike & Molly, and sort of Elementary (even though this season has been such an uneventful bore) and Mom.. couldn't care less about the rest even though I do personally like The Crazy Ones and hope it gets a renewal as well but seems like CBS is renewing everything else so they'll probably cancel it and the others.
Flag
Person of Interest - YAY!
But I wasn't really worried - there's no WAY they could cancel it; it's one of the best light-hearted shows on television ATM (because so many of the good shows are all about doom and gloom and downward spirals of despair; not my cup of tea).

I'll probably keep watching some Hawaii Five-0, NCIS and NCIS:LA, and Elementary as well.
Of the ones still undecided, Intelligence is the only one where I have an opinion; it's not great, but so far I've found it mildly entertaining - wouldn't mind seeing what it can grow into given another season.
Flag
POI: "it's one of the best light-hearted shows on television ATM "

This is sarcasm right? Right?!!
Flag
And, as we've seen since, I was SO. WRONG.
Epic fail indeed. :p
Flag
Nope. Because despite their "we can atone, but we can't be redeemed"-mindset, and the "we're being watched" and "government is evil" overtones, I don't generally (there are exceptions, hello "The Crossing", I'm looking at you!) come away feeling hopeless and depressed.

As opposed to shows like The Walking Dead and Game of Thrones and Breaking Bad, which I've come to understand are good shows, but they're so dystopian and depressing and spiraling ever downwards that I just can't watch them.

Despite the action sequences and the often high tempo, PoI is quiet, calm in the face of chaos, often understated and generally something I consider "charming" rather than sadly depressing.
So, yes - lighthearted. :)
Flag
Wait, 48 Hours is still broadcasting new episodes? I thought it went off the air years ago.

2BG is kind of funny to me, but the rest just annoy me for some reason. As far as the drama's are concerned, nothing on the list is surprising. Given that The Mentalist is missing, it's either dead in the water, OR it will be given a final, short, season as a last minute reprieve.
Flag
Intelligence started off looking a little cheezy but has begun to develop pretty well. I'd like to see more of it. Glad to see Elementary, NCIS(s) and POI will be back for more. Those all have held my interest when others waned (CSI).
Flag
I'm happy about 2 Broke Girls, Mom, and The Amazing Race. I haven't cared for CBS's dramas for years. I wish they would all disappear.
Flag
I hope The Crazy Ones is renewed. With Mom being renewed and with Two and a Half Men being renewed, it doesn't seem the ratings are the problem.

Heck, if considering the key demo of 18-49, NCIS is relatively low-rated.
Flag
More of The Millers, eh? Really? Sigh...

Flag
Except for Intelligence, the rest should disappear..
Flag
I also hope that they renew Intelligence. It started off a little rocky, but is getting better and better with each episode.

Flag
I watch and love NCIS, NCIS: LA, Person of Interest, Hawaii Five-0, Blue Bloods, Elementary, and Criminal Minds, but the one I am most pleased about is Person of Interest.

CBS should have cancelled Two and a Half Men, or at least rename it Two Men and a Lesbian.
Flag
I am really looking forward to the new seasons of Criminal Minds, NCIS, NCIS Los Angeles, CSI, Person of Interest, and Hawaii Five-0. I also think that CBS should give Intelligence another season as well.
Flag
Yay for Criminal Minds! Well deserved! Now lets please give Intelligence another season!
Flag
Load More Comments
Follow this Show
Members