An Elementary Community
Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS (Returning October 30, 2014)

Hot on the heels of yesterday's news that The Big Bang Theory will be around for three more seasons, CBS has announced a sweeping renewal for most of its lineup. And when I say sweeping, I really mean sweeping! In what is becoming an annual tradition, the network today ordered new seasons of 18 of its shows.

On the drama side, NCIS and its spin-off NCIS: Los Angeles will be back for Season 12 and Season 6, respectively. Person of Interest will be back for Season 3, CSI for Season 15, Hawaii Five-0 for Season 5, Blue Bloods for Season 5, Criminal Minds for Season 10, Elementary for Season 3, and The Good Wife for Season 6. 

On the comedy side, the network wants more of 2 Broke Girls (returning for Season 4), Mike & Molly (returning for Season 5), freshman series Mom and The Millers, and for whatever reason, Two and a Half Men (returning for Season 12). Come on, isn't it about time to set Jon Cryer free, CBS? Isn't it about time we started respecting ourselves?

In non-scripted programing news, CBS has also asked for new cycles of the hit reality shows The Amazing Race and Undercover Boss

Finally, newsmagazines 60 Minutes and 48 Hours will return to make sure we're all at least pretending to pay attention to non-entertainment news.

Between today's mass renewal, yesterday's Big Bang Theory news, and December's Survivor re-up, it's hard to believe that CBS still has any decisions to make, but indeed it does. Shows still awaiting their fates are The Crazy OnesIntelligence, Hostages, and Friends With Better Lives, the last of which premieres later this month after the series finale of How I Met Your Mother.

Which renewal excites you the most? Which of these shows would you like to see die in a fire?

Previously Aired Episode

AIRED ON 5/15/2014

Season 2 : Episode 24

195 Comments
Follow this Show
Members