Elementary

Flight Risk

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Nov 08, 2012 on CBS

• Infuriatingly normal

Look... When there was first hints of CBS making a new Sherlock show, I was all for it because as amazing as the BBC version is ( if you are one of the ten percent of the world that hasn't seen it, seriously do yourself the favor and head to Netflix or something to watch it) Sherlock Holmes is such an iconic character that I knew a US adaptation wouldn't hurt the name or the reputation that the BBC version has in fact, I saw it as the thing you can watch while they are on hiatus to accommodate freeman and cumberbatch's rising fame. And now in episode 6 I was hoping that they would do something... Anything to prove to the world that they are not just another CBS procedural or a knockoff a superior product. And so far... It's frustrating to watch because 90% of it is a knock off and another procedural while 10% of it is genuinely fun. Take this episode for example, the introduction of Roger Rees ( of warehouse 13 and greys anatomy as well as guest starring in a lot of tv shows) as an actor and closes thing that Sherlock has to a friends was a stroke of genius. He embodies the nobility of British actors with the sass of a struggling NY actor. I hoped that maybe he might actually be Mycroft but still the little moments between him an Watson were fun, unique and far more interesting than the mystery of the week. I hope that by the time this show gets to their coveted Super Bowl episode, they do turn it around and not rely on the charm of its leads and focus on a good story otherwise, after this first season (maybe one more after it) I don't see it going any further.