Elementary Forums

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBSIn Season

Episode Discussion: The Long Fuse 1x08

TesserT

[1]Nov 29, 2012
    • level: 74
    Please use this thread to discuss episode The Long Fuse (Nov 29). Enjoy!
    You must be registered and logged in to post a message.

welnoc

[2]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 9
    I really wish that Watson was leaving in a few weeks. I cannot stand that miserable sourpuss and I normally like Lucy Liu.

Misery and self-pity is not interesting and I'm tired of it being used in "character driven" shows.

Give me back the straightforward procedural. I see enough drama and histrionics in real life, I don't want it in my television viewing as well.

ErlendJohanne

[3]Nov 30, 2012
    • level: 2

Absolutely agree.

I find it very strange that the writers seem to think that this form of relatonship between Holmes and Watson makes for the best TV. I mean - those two actors have so much potential of an interesting, funny and intelligent relation, and yet every episode they argue, banter and are generally pissed at each other.

Which in turn leaves us, the viewers, with a bad taste in our mouths, when we should be ecstatic about the fantastic intellect and deductioning capabilities of Sherlock, and the good-hearted, down-to-earth logic and loyal friendship of his companion. This IS Sherlock Holmes, after all, not just any TV detective with a broken marriage.

I say - if they so desperately need a dark and somber side to this show - let it be about the drugs, Moriarty or cooperation issues with the police department. And let us have the Holmes/Watson duo we know and love!

Edited on 11/30/2012 12:06pm

haldrey

[4]Dec 4, 2012
    • level: 22
    Watson leaving? I doubt it. The character is a bit of a sourpuss but it complement Holmes quite well.