Elementary

Lesser Evils

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Nov 01, 2012 on CBS

• Holmes investigates a series of murders at a local hospital and discovers that an "Angel of Death" is at large.

Quite a few of CBS's popular shows, "CSI", Survivor", "Vegas", have aired their best episodes of the season to date in the same week. "Elementary" can be added to that list. "Lesser Evils" is a great episode. The best of the series so far. Both Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are excellent here. If you had any doubts about their casting they were certainly erased with this episode. I normally am not a person who likes dwelling into the pasts of characters but hearing more about why Dr. Watson decided to stop practicing medicine works well here. Sometimes those backstories take away from the overall enjoyment of an episode. That's not the case here. What also makes this episode work so well is the twist at the end once the Angel of Death is discovered. I certainly did not see that coming. When "Elementary" was announced a co-worker of mine who is a fan of the original British series "Sherlock" told me that he doubted this series would be any good. I think it's safe to say that he is wrong.