Elementary

M.

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Jan 10, 2013 on CBS

• Hidden cameras are for perverts

I enjoyed the episode. The producers promised Moriarty would be a part of the show, not just a part of Holmes' past, and this was a good way to introduce him without showing his face. It explained Irene Adler, the addiction and Vinnie Jones in a role that doesn't just give Holme the name Moriarty, it gives a character that can maybe be brought back to push Sherlock's hunt along. When I saw the first murder, I thought it was methodical but not the brilliant mind I would have expected, so I was pleased he was not the arch-nemesis. Part of me is still hoping Holmes' actual father will turn out to be Moriarty, I don't know why. And the end of the episode gave Watson the excuse needed to explain why she stays with him. I liked the character develpoment for his back story, and the scene at the therapists office. And it was a nice touch to have Gregson point out that M was the twisted one and that Sherlock shouldn't feel guilty for having a psycho follow him to New York. Doubt it will help the next time Moriarty decides to play games with him though.