Elementary

Poison Pen

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Oct 17, 2013 on CBS

• Best episode I've watched so far.

Best episode of the whole series. Couldn't get it out of my mind for days. It showed how bullying and abuse can destroy a person's soul. The words of the script and the way Jonny Lee Miller chose to pronounce them left a deep impression.

"I was different from my classmates. I was more intelligent. They thought I was brash. They tormented me mercilessly....... My classmates had one tool at their disposal: Violence. I was beaten. Fairly savagely and with great frequency. " ...... " I was drift back then. I had no purpose. "

And the last scene were Sherlock is boxing with a punchingball and crying while doing so added to that. No matter how hard you try to put behind what happened to you, it's not possible to forget.
  • JUst Didnt Resonate with Me

Am a big fan of the series, but something about the writing and acting of this episode just didn't resonate with me. The characters just didn't seem sympathetic despite the awful things that had happened to them. The story seem to move very slow at times and the very fast. And Holmes posturing seemed out of I said something didn't seem right about the episode for the big reveal of sexual abuse as motive also seemed prosaic.
  • Great!

I really enjoyed this episode, and I think it was even better than the last couple - which have also been quite good.

I thought the case in today's episode was really great! There were lots of unexpected developments and ultimately the case took us in an direction that I wasn't really expecting, which was quite nice to see.

Furthermore, the character development was good for Sherlock and it rounded out a great pieosde! Looking forward to more!
  • This Isn't Hannibal

Between Abigail and Graham and the layers of misdirection this week, it felt an awful lot like I should have been watching NBC's Hannibal. This week's episode gave us the classic run-around, constantly swiping the rug out from under the viewer at every scene change. It was wonderful that they threw in both a background insight and a toward-the-future character note for Sherlock - he's been hardened by the things that have transgressed in recent months, but he's still a softy looking for people who understand him somewhere deep down. Not the best episode, but still ranking among one of my favorites.
  • Shawn Holmes, counselor

this ep was emotionally different. Sherlock was seen as a Muay Thai brawler, and also as Joan Watson. He was the one offering a ear to listen and advice. For the first time, we saw Sherlock play the role of companion and counselor. The story of his being bullied was so much at the core of who he is - reminds me of Sheldon on Big Bang Theory

• review

as usual a really good episode. Since the beginning of this season we have been discovering a new side of Sherlock's character, more fragile and gives more personality to his character. I like that.