Elementary

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 27, 2012 In Season

TesserT

Elementary Fan Reviews (121)

• A nice replacement for NCIS

It took me a couple of episodes before I began to like this team but now I don't miss the show. This season I had to give up another crime show and this is a welcome replacement. The characters are strong, acting and script well done. The background characters are on enough so you are vested but they don't overrun the main characters. They've had several interesting storylines and unique backstories, like how they took in two roosters. Lucy Lui is strong to his silent character and it works. Highly recommend you watch a couple shows before you pass judgment on it.
  • ADORE

I absolutely adore this show. Jonny and Lucy are increadibly good in it.
  • indubitably My Dear Watson

I have always been a fan of Lucy Liu and love that I can watch an episode each week with her in it.

Lucy send me an autographed photo if you get a chance - I would be so grateful!

Johnny Lee Miller does fantastic job as Sherlock.

I love the twist that is happening with Sherlock's brother.

I love this latest version of Sherlock Holmes hope it goes another season.
  • Best Written show

What more can I say???? This is one of the best written show and character development I have every watched.
  • clothing optional

I really love all the shows but how come Lucy is wearing the same shoes in every recent show and sometimes just reversing what she is wearing ? if I notice this younger people must is there a clothing allowance?
  • Where's Gladstone?

The only thing that could make this show better is if Gladstone joined the cast!! Definitely a favorite of the whole family!
  • What's going on???

When watching Elementary, I noticed that there was a background commentary. I have also noticed it with other shows such as Bones. I'm wondering if it's the programmes or the channel Sky Living? Does anyone know hat's going on? Love Elementary though!!! fantastic cast and storyline!! AMAZING!!!
  • Wonderful!

Great acting and story lines, keeps you on your toes. Need more episodes without Moriarty.
  • Deductive Reasoning.

Fantastic acting ,writing,&wit Smartest show on TV!
  • music question

Anyone know the music played at the end of elementary episode 20?? Dead mans Switch sounded classical kind of no lyrics played cant figure it out for the life of me looked all over online
  • Music question .....

.......

For the reviewer below that low rated the show but asked about music: there was no April 11 show I'm pretty sure. Maybe you were watching something else? That might explain your review.
  • A Sherlock Holmes for the 21st century

First of all, I love the BBC series. It's very close to the original characters of Conan Doyle.

"Elementary" on the other hand transposes the figures into modern times people.

Watson is a woman, Holmes is very human, and surprisingly enough - it works very well.

Foremost due to the cast, I'd say. The script is good with room for improvement, but this shows creates a certain dense atmosphere, very well supported by the fantastic score, and this is rarely found in TV shows these days.

Definetely a very good adaptation of an rather overused clich.
  • Continuation of the logical outcome of Holmes

The addiction is actually, unlike some people's assumption, the logical outcome and 21st century continuation of Doyle's characters fancy for shooting up with cocaine to continue his studying of cases. Watson always warned him of the results.

On to the good stuff. I love this show. I am fascinated by the use of logic and deductive abilities of the duo. As a guy I really don't mind seeing Watson played by Lucy Lui. ;-)

The radio shows and older TV had Dr. Watson as a bit of a bumbling mumbler. This is annoying to me, and the articulation and care of this female Watson is a welcome relief.
  • Yess!! thank you cbs for renewing Elementary for a second season!!

L O V E this show. plowed through 11 episodes in 5 days and I'm hooked. Love the show and the characters. So again, thank you for letting Sherlock solve some more crimes with Joan!!
  • Figures. We just started watching a few episodes, now it might be quietly retired?!?

We didn't bother watching the first few episodes - figured good ol' CBS would kill it off after 5-6 episodes. We finally decided to try it when we noticed they actually kept it going - and we like it! Of course, now I see that CBS may doing just what we suspected they'd do all along. Can never win! Hopefully the fact that we like it won't be the "kiss of death" to the show! Thanks for the heads up.
  • This is no elementary-level show

The only disappointment with this show is that it's not on every week, as I had hoped, The plots keep me guessing and the acting are top notch. Sherlock is the kind of character that grows on you Hope this show airs weekly.
  • That series can't finish

This series is so cool, i enjoy the characters and the episodes holds you.
  • Awesome new show

Firstly i think i like this show so much because, for once, Sherlock isnt always right. He makes mistakes, he was a drug addict and this makes him more human. I think Johnny Lee Miller plays the character wonderfully. Also i love the idea of Watson being a woman, especially since she is Lucy anyway love the show, and i hope it stays on air for many seasons to come...
  • Wish there were more like this.

This is my favorite series on television. I thoroughly enjoy the main characters. I wish the other networks would put on a series as entertaining as this one.
  • CANCELLED?!

Soo... is this show cancelled? The internet said they got signed for 22-24 episodes, but it looks like it only goes to the 17th? Anyone know what's going on? I don't want it to be cancelled!!!
  • Gathering momentum weekly

Not just your average weekly murder mystery, this show has nuance: the performances by the lead characters are wonderful, and each week we get a better glimpse into their personalities. The plotting is tight, the dialogue crisp, the production values high. It takes a while to warm up to Holmes, but it's worth the investment of time; the show grows on you.
  • deducacation all the way!!!!

LOVE this show. is funny fresh and alround exciting. you always want more. also love the banter between holmes and watson.
  • Elementary is my Favorite Show!

I really enjoy good 'who done it' mysteries but not the CSI kind. I've liked it from the start and really look forward to watching the next episode every week.
  • Elementary Watson

What a perfect show and the main actors are brilliant choice.
  • emmet

I love this show; is very nice to see this great detective

• elemfan

I love this show it is what it is people ask so much from tv shows this is a good show will watch it as long as its on tv. slappers has new meaning for me now.
  • Moriarty

It's a good show, but not the best. But it has real potential. I wonder when they're putting the crime lord super villain into it. There should be like some sort of super cliff hanger where a gloved hand gives the flight attendant a ticket with the name "Moriarty James" printed on it and she like tears it and give him the other half. Then you could like hear his voice say "thank you" and the flight attendant responds!!! and SCENE!!!
  • I just love it.

The show uses uncommon facts to solve crimes so it makes you smarter and it's entertaining. Who can't like this?
  • Elementary

I love this show. Its fresh and exciting. Its not like other Sherlock movies, shows, etc, which to me is what makes this show unique and it all works!

I think people compare this show to other Shelock movies, shows, books, etc. watch the show itself and don't comapre the show to the others, but its is a great show and its unique in its own way!

I mean, how boring would it be if evertything was the same?!!
  • FLAT OUT

Best Show on TV

I've always loved Sherlock Holmes in Books and Movies. Great to see him now excell as a character of the 21st Century.
< 1 2 3 4 5