Elementary

Thursday 10:00 PM on CBS Premiered Sep 27, 2012 In Season

TesserT

Elementary Fan Reviews (156)

• Not going well

There was a reason that in the original show Sherlock did all the detective work, and Watson sicked to the documentation work and sometime helping Sherlock. Here the role of Watson is completely off the track. I don't mind that they changed the sex of the character, in fact I think it worked great for last seasons, but in this season sometimes she "deduces" things which even Sherlock miss that irritates me a lot.

They have to do something to turn this around. If you are making a show about Sherlock Holmes, he has to take the front seat.
  • What happened?

Kitty's character is good, just don't know where she fits in? Watson is completely annoying me. She wears the same boots every week and her character has changed for the bad. It's like she is Holmes anti-watson. And Holmes character seems way off and doesn't have the same edge he had. Not to mention Gregson and detective Bell's role is diminished as well. Might be moving on soon unless they fix
  • Best show on TV

So good that I routinely go back and watch old episodes because I get impatient for the next new episode. And I don't do that for ANY show. Ever. I am addicted to this show. Watson moving out kind of bummed me because my favorite part of the show has been the chemistry between Holmes and Watson. I like Kitty but I'm feeling a little trepidation about the possibility of them phasing Watson out. That would be a show-stopper (literally) for me.
  • ooohhh nooo!

what the heck happened to my favorite show! the first and some of the second were very good but this third season is awful. Sherlock doesn't look the same, and appears very wooden. Watson has turned into a cold and unbending witch. Don't know if I like Kitty because I can't understand what she is saying. theres none of the witty dialogue or warmth of the previous seasons. I think this is their last season. too bad.
  • Too bad

They had to work to mess up this show. It was a brilliant whodoneit with two quirky interesting characters and great dialogue. Suddenly all of that is gone. Sherlock is painfully inept now and moves like Joe Cocker. Watson is mean spirited and their is no ingenuity to any of the plot lines. No savaging this show that was so brilliant. Too bad.
  • Hurray for Kitty!

I will disagree with much what has been written here. Kitty is the best thing that has happened to Elementary. She sparkles with her underplayed performance, giving the impression that she's just a novice, until she quietly makes her "on the mark" deductions and displayes her impressive knowledge of facts and criminal behavior. She is the fresh air this show so needed. I don't dislike Watson but I'll be quite happy with her staying on the sidelines. Kitty will carry the mentor/partner relationship with Holmes quite well. Kitty's personality, and her working on building herself up to make something substantial of herself, can be much better identified with, and is more interesting, than that of Watson.

I am glad to see that those writing specific episode reviews, as well those writing in the specific episode discussions, are almost all in agreement with me in very much liking Kitty and wanting her to stay on the show.
  • what's happened

I've loved this show from the beginning and now I struggle to finish an episode, its just lost it..... have the writers changed ? and it seems that Watson has a much bigger part, Lucy Liu having a hissy ?
  • it aint what it used to be

Is it me or does Sherlock "all at once" solve the crime? It USED to be he did a little snooping here, a little sniffing there, a little deep thought with Clyde, and maybe a little bit of Watson stumbling across a clue to solve the crime. But now in the last few episodes Sherlock appears in a scene(maybe two), spits out a plethora of dialog and some pictures and WHAM crime solved! The whole anticipation and suspense build up seems to be missing! . How many scenes were necessary to solve the plane crash on Far Rockaway in season 1? 10+! Now it seems one, maybe two scenes from Sherlock and things are figured out! The rest of the epsiode is Watson's love life, trials and tribulations with Kitty, Sherlock being pissed off at Kitty or Capt. Gregson checking to make sure everyone is playing nice!
  • recking the show!

this used to be a great show, now we have no camaraderie between Holmes and Watson and Holmes is turning into a wimp. Kitty was not a plus. Friction between Holmes and watson is not what your viewers want.
  • kitty litter

Elementary has been my favorite program since its start but it has now been messed with to the point where it has lost its spark. There was such great chemistry between Holmes and Watson, and they are supposed to be friends and crime solvers. It doesn't feel right for them to be chilly and distant to one another. Trying to garner a younger audience with the introduction of Kitty just isn't working. Her acting ability needs apprenticing in that area, too. There's no chemistry between her and Holmes and the whole program has become lopsided and strange. Please bring back the magic of the original!
  • season three

Not that I do not like Kitty but it has taken away from the whole draw and point of watching the show: to see the chemistry between Watson and Holmes. The show is not what it used to be and I miss the purposeful exchanges between the two. Will watch few,more episodes but I may be done with this show sadly.
  • I guess people don't like this kitty kat

1.5
    she was brought in for a younger appealing edgier story line and it isn't working. I saw an early ad where they were trying to insinuate that there would be kat fight type drama with Watson, which is stupid, Watson's character is too mature for that or thy would have had to do a 180. I mean the whole schtick is unappealing and the ratings show it.
  • Hating Kitty, Kittie, who cares?

I've loved this show, then this season WTHell? Where is our brilliant Sherlock who was amazing, up until this season - Oh Kitty solved this week's case cause Sherlock just "missed it"???? Is Lucy Liu leaving the show or something? I can't imagine any other reason to bring in Kitty. She just doesn't mesh. I'm sooooo disappointed and may stop watching - and I love Jonny Lee Miller
  • The show is failing

This use to be such a good show but this season is terrible. It was bad enough to involve Joan with Mycroft. Dumb move by the writers. Is Joan being written out of the show? Why the new character? Let's get back to the interaction of the characters that was in the first season. I wouldn't be surprised if the show gets cancelled.
  • Amazing show

Amazing show
  • What is the point of the new character?

What is wrong with the writers of this show? The first season was great, last season with Joan's affair with Mycroft was heading toward the deep end, and now they've gone off the edge. The whole thing that made this show work, aside from the excellent Jonny Lee Miller, was the dynamic between Sherlock and Joan. Why have they added this useless protege and messed up that dynamic? Are you TRYING to kill this show, people? I've just found out they intend to keep this new character around--mistake! If they don't go back to the old dynamic, I will not watch past this season. Or maybe I won't have to worry about that, since I predict the ratings will drop.
  • This new season

I have really enjoyed this show - well at least the previous seasons. DO NOT LIKE THE DEVELOPMENTS FOR THIS YEAR!!! Don't like the sullen useless new assistant "protg" There seems to be no point in having this character, on the contrary she is an annoyance and keeps getting in the way of the story line. She was stalking Watson (what??) I also don't buy the premise that Watson has suddenly outdone Holmes in her detecting skills.

Very unhappy to the point that I may not continue watching; losing interest quickly.
  • Clever title

I like this show. Some people compare it to Sherlock and most of them evaluate this version as inferior. Well, I actualy like them together, because they're two very different things born from the same root. I find that beautiful.

Everything has been said on that note. Every word has been spilled. They're both nice shows.

What grinds my gears is the intro of Elementary. Right at the end of the intro, when the city is seen through the glass sphere. Shouldn't it be inverted? That's what bugs me.
  • Sherlock's New Assistant

Can anyone out there understand the new assistant? It's hard enough with the accent but someone needs to teach her how to speak clearly and project her voice. It seems like everyone is whispering on TV these days. And the background noise is so loud not just this show but all the shows. Very frustrating. If she doesn't speak clearly and louder I will stop watching this good show.
  • the show will suck now!

the show sucks now plain and simple. we went from sherlock the genius to helping the police to joan the top person and sherlock a flunky. whho the fuck makes these ridiculous decisions to change the whole plot of the show. really really stupid. joan was just there to look at and not that great at her age. kick her off the show is about sherlock not some has been actress. :-)
  • Sorry, Jonny!

I enjoyed the show for a season and a half, but Watson falling into bed with Mycroft was too much. Now she's PO'ed at Sherlock for disappearing last season without saying goodbye, and the cops don't miss him because Watson has "learned his methods" and is filling in. HUH?? If his methods are so easily learned, Gregson and Bell should know them by now too, and not need her at all. Hey, writers--it's not just Sherlock's "methods" that make him a great detective. His talents can't be learned! Another thing: Watson is not a police officer. It's not her place to say "You're under arrest" when Bell is standing right there. The show is now a soap opera with no connection to the original stories--unlike the brilliant "Sherlock" series starring Cumberbatch and Freeman. They're just (mis)using the names of the characters. I think I'll stop watching it. Sorry, Jonny! You and Cumberbatch were great together in "Frankenstein"!
  • Elementary Continues It's Drop Into Mediocrity

Surprisingly, the 'creative staff' at Elementary continue their fascination with putting postmodern American neologisms into a thoroughly British character's mouth. What's next? After Sherlock and Joan are done "reaching out" will they begin "efforting" to solve their cases? On top of that, not seemingly satisfied with turning Elementary into the "Watson was a Woman" show [which, by the way, has been done before], with this new season they seem to be intent on turning it into Sherlock Holmes: Stalker-by-Proxy.

The show started out beautifully, creating the most believable Sherlock Holmes ever attempted. I even hailed the idea of a female Moriarty, and brilliantly played! But Mycroft as Watson Love Interest/Spymaster/Sexually Ambiguous Serial Restaurant Opener signaled the beginning of a series death spiral into banal predictability. As of now, the writers have utterly lost their way in the looking glass land of ad hoc plot twisting, prime time soap opera. It has become more and more clear with the season opener that the show's creator never had more than the germ of an idea because the germ certainly never developed into a serious condition. Perhaps when he's finished trashing the airwaves with this failed pastiche of Sherlock Holmes, he can return to Silicon Valley to do a serious study on under-thirty slang terms.
  • It's complementary ELEMENTARY!

And it's back for another season! Great comeback! Looks like another promising season is ahead of us!

Smart, elegant, humorous! Intriguing, captivating, twisty! Lee Miller is overshadowing the rest of the good cast with his exceptional acting!

• Writers of this show must be descendants of Agatha Christie

At first when I heard about this show I was like What the f ? female Watson, NewYork setup , Drug addict Sherlock and female Moriarty and that too Moriarty=Irene Adler. I thought that the show creators completely "messed up" Sherlock even though I still stand by my original hypothesis of this show after watching it I must say they "messed" him up "good". The mystery elements, unpredictability and new and innovative plots makes the show "awesome" detective series even better than the original Sherlock that is airing on bbc. Miller is awesome as a "detective" or "consultant" or the show creators version of "Sherlock". And even Luci Liu fits "Watson" or messed up version of original version. This show might very well give Sir Arthur Conan Doyle a "heart attack" but the mystery plots would definitely give him a "smile".
  • Gran serie

La encuentro interesante en muchos aspectos. En primer lugar, los guiones son originales con menciones a algunos argumentos clsicos de las novelas. En segundo lugar, la interpretacin de los 2 protagonistas me parece sensacional. En tercer lugar, la idea de cambiar de sexo a Watson me ha parecido sorprendente y le ha dado una perspectiva muy atractiva a la relacin entre ellos. Sin duda una gran serie.
  • Elementary Sound

It's not just me! Fix the sound quality on this show! Your poor standards destroy the pleasure of viewing an otherwise well-scripted and acted production. Read the comments. We can't follow the dialogue. What is wrong with you people?
  • Elementary Fashion

Fashion of Elementary for Episode 24

2-episode-24
  • It's elementary to like "Elementary" :)

Unpredictability, mystery, crime solving, personal issues, love, past-present connections, friendship, did i write unpredictability? Well it's worth writing again! :D

There aren't many words I can say about this show as a rather neutral observer, it's just so damn good, and Jonny Lee Miller and his british accent keep staggering me every time!

Oh well, hopefully it'll stick around for some years, thank God it's on CBS too, I'm not sure how the show would have done on a different, less watched network, but that's just my opinion.

10 out of 10 and go on, Elementary!
  • Things are out of place

Does anyone know if the producers of the show purposely put things out of place in the show? I realized that in more than one episode, when a scene is shown things are out of place.... For example Season 2 episode 9 about 21 minutes in, sherlock and watson argue that he should be nicer to the cops, the cup on the table keeps moving form left to right of watson's phone....

Love the show btw, just became a
  • Help with the volume of this show

I love this show and all of its characters. The problem I have is I can't hear most of the dialogue. I have to move the volume almost to top line to hear Sherlock and then when the ads come on....... hurry to mute or turn down. How can this show's volume get turned up so people like me can hear it??

Thank you.