Risk Management

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM May 09, 2013 on CBS

• Set-up for the Finale Syndrome

A banal case but a good excuse to spend quality time with Holmes and Watson. Suffering badly from set-up for the finale syndrome the episode struggles to create stakes not developed during the season (mostly due to the non-serialized nature of the show) but on the upside there was no room for the usual stupid 'just because' plotting.

It's hard to love or even respect the show after such an abysmal run but this was about as least offensive as the series has gotten.
  • Stunning!

This was a breathtaking episode with an interesting continuation to what occurred at the end of the last episode. The events were really interesting, culminating with the shock of the season that will laeve everyone waiting impatiently for next week!

What a breathtaking episode! I just loved it and I can't wait for more! Great episode!
  • Breathtakng TV

When I first started watching this show, I was dubious. I have to admit to being really nervous about a female Watson and Sherlock fans did a good job of trying to kill this show before it started.

This last hour was absolutely riveting. Jonny Lee Miller was absolutely fantastic, yes, but I was really impressed at how Lucy Liu seems to be amping up her game by association. The one scene where she self-consciously gets out her trepidation over her potential fate was really very authentic. I also notice with some amusement that she's becoming more animated body-language-wise on the show, as if JLM's twitchiness is rubbing off.

But JLM--wow. That last scene. I FELT that. One of the better bits of acting I've seen all year in an episode full of good acting. The one long sequence from where he wakes Watson to their scene in the bathroom was enthralling. The true awesomeness of this show lies in the fact that these two don't need to do or say anything mind-blowing to keep your attention--it's the realism of their interactions and the way they bring it to every scene.

This episode was a veritable Emmy reel for Jonny Lee Miller, but such is the Emmys that I don't think he has a real shot. Shame.
  • A man claiming to be Moriarity hires Holmes to solve a murder. Meanwhile Captain Gregson tries to convince Watson to go back to being a Sober Companion.

"Risk Management" certainly did a good job setting up the seaon finale. As they have been all season Johnny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu are terrific. The twist ending did not come as a total surprise to me. For some reason or another I had a feeling that would be the big reveal. One problem with it is it creates a big question. I can't say what that question is without revealing what the twist is. Maybe it will be answered in the next episode. We will soon find out. The episode as whole was very well written. The main storyline of the murder investigation worked for me. This episode certainly delivered on all fronts. Hopefully the finale will too.
  • A nice series even getting better!

I dont want to spoil, so I wont say anything too discrete...

I cant complain about anything here, this episode was so fantastic. The major plot about Moriarty was perfectly connected with only episode related plot about another murder with a well-written backgound.

Cant write about the ending without spoiling, so watch and enjoy it, you wont be disappointed!
  • No Risk Management needed here!

What a fantastic episode. Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Lui are superb actors. Oh! also just to say great acting from all the supporting and guest actors. Great acting, great script and story line and even though I am a true Sherlock Holmes reader I really did not see the ending that this episode came up with coming! It certainly has got my brain working overtime trying to understand and figure out what the twist in the tale means?

Simply must watch programming!
  • What a Performance

The case Moriarty presented in this episode was so incredibly boring, completely glaringly obvious and leagues below what Sherlock is capable of. The writers running out of clever cases by the end of season one is not a good sign. Seeing Dormer's name in the opening credits made it easy to predict how the episode would end - and it was the one aspect of the episode that delivered. Miller's performance upon encountering Irene was incredible. I choked up. It was perfect. I do worry that he'll turn into a dithering fool in the finale, but that's yet to be seen. If they're able to nail that introduction, however, I'm hoping that they'll nail the rest of her reveal.
  • What was written on the back of the canvas?

What was written on the back of the canvas in the final scene as Sherlock and Watson walked into the room?
  • one word review

• M stands for Moriarty and Emmys

Jonny Lee Miller and Lucy Liu both deserve Emmy nominations. The final ten minutes last week were a perfect nomination reel for Jonny; such intensity bubbling on the surface barely restrained, yet perfectly portrayed.

This week was just as good, And the Writers also deserve the nominations for giving these two spectacular characters the material to bring their characters to full realization..

• Risk Management

Risk Management was an awesome and exciting episode of Elementary which was full of suspense and surprise. I liked the story and the intriguing possibility that Moriarty is close at hand. Gregson tries to offer Watson an oppertunity to pursue her old work while trying to look out for her which was nice. I liked her reaction and thought process afterwards. Sherlock and Watson solve the case tasked by Moriarty which leads them to a shocking discovery. I can't wait to see what happens next!!!!!!!!!

• The best yet! (spoilers!)

This was, by far, the best episode of the season. We see a lot of growth in the Sherlock/Watson relationship, especially due to Watson's insistence that Holmes treat her as a partner and not a sidekick. The case was interesting, though a little convoluted (I still don't quite understand Moriarty's interest in it). The last couple of minutes just made my heart stop. I will never ever forget Sherlock's expression as he realized that Irene was right in front of him. Some may think it was over-dramatic, but I thought it fit. He'd been in a "raw state" and was not prepared for such a reveal. Thank goodness Watson was there to hold him up!