Elementary

The Deductionist

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Feb 03, 2013 on CBS

• Return to Oz.

5.5
    Nice to see Tim from OZ still gets work but otherwise watch any episode of Breakout Kings for example of how an exciting breakout plot should be done, it's not even a great show but still more original than this.
  • The Deductionist

This was one of the best episodes so far. Seriously, the last episodes were very good and I'm loving this show more and more. Drummond is now one of my favorite character, she was annoying in my point of view, but I like that she wrote about Sherlock. The Deductionist, that definetely fits.

The case was interesting. I never imagined that Ennis' sister would try to kill Drummond, but you can understand why they wanted to do that. Drummond was a jerk, but at least she apologized (that didn't help though).

Also, the ending of this episode was hilarious. *thumbs up*

I enjoyed The Deductionist. Definitely.
  • The Deductionist

The Deductionist was a spectacular episode of Elementary. I really enjoyed watching because a profiler from the FBI and Sherlock's past came to help solve a case. It was intriguing to learn more about what had happened between them. It was humorous to see what Joan had to deal with in regards to her apartment. The story was well written and very engaging. It was awesome watching Sherlock test Ennis in order to prove something to himself. I like how everything played out and I certainly look forward to watching what happens next!!!!!!!!!
  • With a Bow

That was a neat little episode. I enjoyed the inclusion of new faces (and while I'm sure she won't, I'd like to see Drummond again) and the subplot of Watson's apartment. The bit about her being Sherlock's friend felt a little forced for her character, but it fit and it's paving the way for the direction the series will be going with their relationship. It was engaging and contained and finally felt more about the main characters than the case of the week, which I think has been much of my problem with the show up until now.

And gifts with bows! I really want to know what happened to her toothbrush.
  • Brutal serial killer Martin Ennis escapes. Holmes is forced to work with a lauded FBI profiler with ties to his past to help recapture Ennis.

"The Deductionist" is the best episode of the season up to this point. It certainly had a very clever opening scene. It certainly had me fooled. I had no idea how it would turn out. I actually had a good laugh when Holmes asked if he could keep the handcuffs. There was a small bit of predictability however. It could not be more obvious that Ennis would escape the operating room and leave a trail of dead bodies in his wake. However this flaw was made up for ten times over. The climax where Holmes confronts Ennis face to face was nothing short of fantastic. What I also like is that Holmes was wrong in a few aspects of the investigation. I like that this episode shows the old saying that nobody's perfect. It helps make "The Deductionist" great and "Elementary" one of the best new shows of the season.
  • deductions not always correct

I usually enjoy the cleverness of the show. But there was something not really "correct" in this episode. High quality frankincense does not cause kidney damage. It is used internally for a myriad of health problems. I have ingested it for many years with no problems. Only cheaply distilled frankincense could potentially have harmful chemicals.
  • Elementary.

This episode was fantastic, i take it now that Watson moves in with Sherlock. One of my favorite episode's.