Elementary

The Leviathan

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Dec 13, 2012 on CBS

• I've been hired to get into the Leviathon! You didn't think I could get into your phone?

IMHO, the best episode of the series to date.

I appreciate this series has been compared to the BBC's Sherlock but I believe it's getting a life all it's own.

Virtually no reference to any of the classic Holme's books and only a slight nod in this episode to one of the most iconic lines from Holmes; (If you eliminate the impossible, whatever is left, no matter how improbable, must be the truth".

Loved the bit when Watson quotes this back at him and he says "Sounds like a windbag".

He certainly knows what his "dangly bits" are for given the two young ladies at the start of the ep.

I thought the "family" dinner was superb, allowing Holmes to praise Watson while not displaying sentimentality. He obviously took on board Watson's sadness that her Mother didn't appreciate what she did and set out to let her Mother know that what she did was, indeed, important.

If I have a criticism, it was the ridiculous ease with which Holmes found the Chevalier, noticing the VERY small image of a cufflink on a picture.

Again, how confident do you have to be to simply smash, then cut up a picture in someone's house? Classic Holme's arrogant belief in his own ability!

At last, there seems to be some resolution to how Watson is going to stay on, as she is obviously enthused about the whole "sleuthing" aspect of Holmes life.

However, I wonder how she'll react to various ladies of "easy virtue" showing up occasionally and why Holmes isn't noticing her running around in VERY short shorts. I certainly like the eye candy!

Can't wait for the show to resume after the holidays.
CBS