Elementary

The Man With the Twisted Lip

Aired Thursday 10:00 PM Apr 24, 2014 on CBS

• Well executed!

This was a magnificent episode which was intense on so many different fronts. The case itself was clever and unexpected - it was fascinating and it was pretty enjoyable to follow. Wasn't exactly a revelation what happened in the end, but it was interesting.

But the more interestign developments were with Mycroft who shows up today. There were very interesting scenes with Joan as he makes an interesting proposal. We also had some suspicious people hanging around.

The ending was jaw-dropping - no idea what is gonna happen now! Absolutely suspesenful - I can't wait for the continuation!
  • Bzzzzzzzzzzzzt

This case was very elegant in how it grew. Just that small tendril that unravels everything. It was wonderful to have Mycroft back. I've been dying to know more about what he's involved in, because whew! I really enjoy how Elementary turns things on their heads and keeps you guessing regardless of how familiar you are with the source material. The world is so rich and they aren't afraid to throw in a curve. Kidnapping Joan? Took longer than I expected, but now that it's happened, I can't wait to see what happens next. I wouldn't be surprised if Mycroft conveniently swoops in and saves the day.
  • Mycroft returns to New York with his sights clearly set on Watson. This causes a serious rift between Sherlock and the good (former) doctor.

"The Man With the Twisted Lip" is the best episode that features Sherlock's brother Mycroft. In fact I believe that the storyline that concerns Mycroft's attempts to hook up with Watson is more potent than the storyline concerning the murder investigation. In fact I think the murder investigation is a liability here. We all know how drones are becoming more and more prevalent in life, but I did not buy this whole mini-drones that look like mosquitoes thing for a second. Yes, I know anything is possible, but as the old saying goes I will believe that when I see it. Johnny Lee Miller's scenes with Rhys Ifans are fantastic. What I also liked was Sherlock admitting to Watson that he overstepped his limits. It can also be said that this episode made Sherlock realize how important Watson is to him. He has always spoken highly of her, but he did not truly see the light until now (at least I think). I am certainly interested in where the story goes next. I hope you are too!
  • Watson's spell

Sherlock I suspect is in the camp that considers Joan a Goddess, although he can't express it yet. How could he live with her for 2 years and feel otherwise? How could he not be deeply in love with her? There have been outward hints of his growing affection; asking if she wanted to search for Australia's Titanic with him, commenting on her transition from Dr. to "consulting detective", doubtlessly a big compliment in his mind. So the thought of losing the Goddess to his brother would be excruciating.

Watson wants a life... and apparently Mycroft! But does she understand the conflict this represents with her role as sober companion? If the thought of his brother being with Joan Watson doesn't drive Sherlock back to drugs, what else could? Does Watson realize this? Great opportunity for future story lines. For me, the relationships overshadowed the whole drone thing in this episode.
  • review

Great ending, I love the episodes with Mycroft in it, his relationship with Sherlock and Joan is hilarious. Anyway the drone case was interesting.